Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't say much about it right now. I want to make sure I'm 100% done with it before I give any details..... Can you guess what it is?[shhh]

·
Registered
108 Posts
rear backup light?

·
Registered
900 Posts
it look's like you moved the brake light down into the reflector part of the taillight...right?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
it kinda looks like this.

it looks to me, you added fog lamps(reverse and brake) in the diffuser.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DeadlyDean good eye brother. I've yet to see it done in the states at least. I've had the idea for a while now, but wasn't sure how to even do it. I only have the wiring left to do, but for that I may need some help i'm not much of an electrician. I am looking over the wiring how to for euro lights. Here's a better look at it.....

·
Registered
537 Posts
that's awesome! i'd hate to be behind you with my high beams on!!! lol

edit - i would like to say that putting lights on your car just to blind people is wrong, i realize now that this wasn't the intention here.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now the only thing is i'm trying to figure out how I would wire in the lights. The reverse light on the car only uses a single wire? There are 2 wires a green and a black one on the foglight. How would that be wired?

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
green is your ground, just attach that to any metal part of the car. and your black wire will goto your power source.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
whered you get em?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I got the reverse working and signals working but the signals are also acting as the brake lights. Any ideas?

·
Registered
537 Posts
is the brake light and the turn signal light one in the same for the original brake lights? if so, that is your problem... and you will have to get the signal from another source like your front turn signals. i think, i better go look at my car, haha.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is the brake light and the turn signal light one in the same for the original brake lights? if so, that is your problem... and you will have to get the signal from another source like your front turn signals. i think, i better go look at my car, haha.
No need. This is the how-to I ended up using and it worked[idea] !!! Thankyou Peterbilt[pray] . Time consuming but definitely worth it in the end.

http://olmikul.home.comcast.net/taillights.htm

I started to get confused with all the wires..... They are nicely tucked away now[neener] ! All in all I rate this 1 being the easiest 5 hardest, a 4. The hardest part was getting the circles cutout without a hole saw.[slap] Rotozip FTMFW[giggle] . lol. and figuring out how to mount the lights in such a compact space[gunfire] . The wiring wasn't too bad with the right how-to. I finally did what i've been saying for the past year and couldn't be happier.[woot] [wiggle] Now I think it's time for some [sleep] . [joke] I will probably waste the tank of gas I have just showing off... [rofl]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts