Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Alright you guys, I may have found a solution. TRFS released a no-cut projector that is supposed to fit in H7 bulb openings, and uses an H1 HID kit bulb. What this means for us is that we don't need to hack the bowl (thus keeping the city light) and since it uses an H1 HID kit bulb, there isn't a fatty ignitor sticking out the back. What's also great is how compact teh projector is. It's barely 5.5" in length! My LR3 projector is a little over 6" in length!

I think this may be the solution to all my problems.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Here is an output shot courtesy of JVX. at HIDPlanet.

And here it is after tweaking the shield a little.

All of his pictures are taken at the same distance and same camera settings. This is the LR3 with the STi-R clear lens.

You can see the Morimoto projector (no cut) is more intense, but for some reason the hotspot is a little offset to the left.

And just because I can, here is an output shot of S2K's.

That Morimoto projector is starting to look pretty good.[eek]

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
there is plenty of room behind the headlight if u dont want the projector to stick out inside the headlight.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, I managed to mess teh chrome up on my shroud by accident.

So I decided to mess it up more.

I think it looks pretty badass now.

Also, my brother wants me to put these projectors into his huge tank F250, since I told him these won't fit in my headlights, and he really liked my last retrofit. So maybe I'll sell these to him and buy my Mini H1's.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bumping this back up. I just placed an order for the Mini H1 projectors and my DDM Tuning H1 HID kit is currently in transit. [woot]

I'll try and get these done sometime next weekend. I'll be selling the LR3's to my brother, and I'll be installing them into his F250 Super Duty whenever he gives me money for the parts.

Since I have some spare headlights, whenever I find my camera's battery charger, I'll post pics of the Mini H1's inside the factory housings to give you guys and idea of how they would look.

[wiggle]

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Bumping this for the last time. I have the projectors, bulbs, ballasts, so I'm ready to go. I don't have school Friday, so I'll start on them that day. I decided that I'm gonna paint the housings a gloss black and keep the signal amber, so the headlights look like the ones found on the WRC Focus and not like Inpros.

And as far as the projector goes, it's a whole lot smaller than I expected it to be. I swear, it looks like it would fit INSIDE of my LR3's, it's that small. I'm still cameraless, so I'm going to have to use my dad's camera or something for pics.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts