Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I agree that getting a reasonable CCM from a used source would bring everything back to normal, but it would entail removing the whole front end from the MKC which is no simple task. I could restore all setting to as built and be like new again. With the standard cruise functioning now, I did a 350 mile road trip yesterday and truly enjoyed the run. Adaptive cruise only will lead to a senior citizen like me falling asleep at the wheel....lol. The car did warn me to take a break a couple of time even without it.... I'm happy with it's present condition. I do enjoy a challenge, and am convinced that the "collision warning not available" message can be cleared permanently if I just find the source and correct the communications. Either some module is still looking for the CCM, or the PCM is still finding it missing during pre-flight, roll-call systems checks. I've got a few more ideas to try and refuse to give up,,,, bullheaded is the word my wife uses to classify my refusal to give up.... lol. I prefer "where there's a will, there's a way". I applaud your journey,,, you and copbait from the mkc forum are the kinda guys I want in my foxhole when the dealers wanna wage war on our pocketbooks. The dealer had three tries to fix it before finally telling me they needed $3000 of my hard earned money to make things right. You've both helped me immensely in getting this far and I've enjoyed the learning experience.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
True that. Were there is a will there is a way. That's what i did to get my forward collision to work and my Adaptive Cruise Control to work. I have been told by so many dealers and mechanics that there is no way i can install Adaptive Cruise Control in my Focus and make it work being as they did not come on this car in the US. Oh, but if it came on the Focus in any other country, they i believe i can make it work. Ford would not spend the money to make each car in different country's have an option work in one and not in another. It's all programming and firmware that makes all options work. I never gave up and was finally able to make all options work in my car. I have a very rare car in the USA that's for sure. Probably the only guy with a Focus with every option added to it and working. 😁

21 - 22 of 22 Posts