Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I know if I have the latest tcm update? Ford told me that there was a flash done back in September under warranty. Other than that there has not been any work done on the car. If I take it to the dealer will they be able to tell me? Also does the car have to be acting up in order to get updates or can I just go down and have them update it. Also is a tcm flash the only software thing they do for the transmission? Do they update other things on the computer to fix transmission stuff?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You can't know and it doesn't really matter as long as it's working OK.

Dealer actually uses the latest download of the day direct from Ford when doing an update/touch point reset during testing for transmission concerns, to see if that does the trick to make it work better (along with an inspection).

There IS a fresh optional update avail. that you should be getting a letter on, the "15b22" adds new TCM codes to the system to help catch any problems with that & record them before they get serious/disabling. Fresh general update/reset seems to generally be done as part of that from reports here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so I have 2014 focus titanium 37000 k second owner bought in 2019 and been fighting with dealers trying to fix finally got car to Ford and they agreed it was TCM so like every one else car undriveable pay for tow back home since they refused to keep it and told at least 6 mths for part looking though posts and all older so just looking for new leads thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts