Focus Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a call today that the replacement TCM for the DOA one is being done today, 4 weeks after the replacement one was deemed bad. I am 4 months one week from the original contact with service. Hopefully this one is good and I can be done with this.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been waiting since July. Ford dealer in Indio, CA told me I'd be reimbursed for my rental at a rate of $40 a day. So, I'm paying $1,200 a month for a rental and I'm supposed to be reimbursed by Ford after the TCM comes in and my car is repaired. If it takes eight months, it'll be $10,000 Ford will have to reimburse me. I hope they don't stiff me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2018 Focus SE Sedan
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
There are no aftermarket TCMs that I am aware of. Dorman sold rebuilt ones but they have been out for some months now. There are "refurbished" ones available from overseas, but I have no idea if they have actually been refurbished or are simply used ones.

Take Care, Rod

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been waiting since July. Ford dealer in Indio, CA told me I'd be reimbursed for my rental at a rate of $40 a day. So, I'm paying $1,200 a month for a rental and I'm supposed to be reimbursed by Ford after the TCM comes in and my car is repaired. If it takes eight months, it'll be $10,000 Ford will have to reimburse me. I hope they don't stiff me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I took my car in and they told me it was the clutch actuator - $719 paid and only driven 30 miles and same problem - car jerking and check engine light on. Now they say it is the tcm and also on backorder. Car will be sitting waiting for repair for 6-12 months - no end in site. I called ford and they said they have 79000 of these parts on backorder. Ford told me that if the dealer has rental cars that they would pay directly to them but of course my dealership doesn't have that. They will reimburse now $45 a day with unlimited days until fixed but you have to pay it and wait for reimbursement. What good was the settlement of extending the warranty on this issue if they can't get them repaired in a timely manner?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took my car in and they told me it was the clutch actuator - $719 paid and only driven 30 miles and same problem - car jerking and check engine light on. Now they say it is the tcm and also on backorder. Car will be sitting waiting for repair for 6-12 months - no end in site. I called ford and they said they have 79000 of these parts on backorder. Ford told me that if the dealer has rental cars that they would pay directly to them but of course my dealership doesn't have that. They will reimburse now $45 a day with unlimited days until fixed but you have to pay it and wait for reimbursement. What good was the settlement of extending the warranty on this issue if they can't get them repaired in a timely manner?
The actuator is $110 at my dealership and 30-45 min job.
Too bad they keep ripping people of with stuff like that and unnecessary clutch replacements when the issue is the TCM all along in most cases.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are no aftermarket TCMs that I am aware of. Dorman sold rebuilt ones but they have been out for some months now. There are "refurbished" ones available from overseas, but I have no idea if they have actually been refurbished or are simply used ones.

Take Care, Rod
Can of silver spray paint. Throw a whole bunch up on Ebay and Amazon for 250-700. Keep and whole bunch in circulation, sell, return, resell, return, rinse repeat and have a continuous cash flow of US dollars in China. We are all getting scammed from all ends!

·
Registered
6 Posts
They will reimburse now $45 a day with unlimited days until fixed but you have to pay it and wait for reimbursement
Not totally true. I had a rental for 4.5 months and never paid one penny up front. Ford paid $40/day or at least was invoiced for that much because I saw the invoice. Not one cent out of my pocket. By the time they paid the rental car, paid the warranty coverage for 3 TCM and two repairs it probably would have been cheaper to just buy my car.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not totally true. I had a rental for 4.5 months and never paid one penny up front. Ford paid $40/day or at least was invoiced for that much because I saw the invoice. Not one cent out of my pocket. By the time they paid the rental car, paid the warranty coverage for 3 TCM and two repairs it probably would have been cheaper to just buy my car.

-Jeff
Did you get the rental from the dealership who was fixing it - because they told me that was the only way i would not have to pay up front and wait for reimbursement. My dealership doesn't carry rentals for long term so i couldn't get them to pay directly to the rental company.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts