Focus Fanatics Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late to the parade but i made it lol Ford has had my 2016 focus for about 3weeks and still nothing.. was thinking of even purchasing a tcm off of ebay to install on my own until part comes inn. Last ford i buy for damn sure. hope everyone else has gotten their car back already and back on the rode. horrible situation

·
Registered
1 Posts
My TCM went out on Sun. So I just joined the list of waiting. I have had dealers tell me they haven't gotten any TCM in in weeks. I am so angry. I can't be without a car for months and the dealer is not offering a loaner. But the dealers used car division ask if I want to sell it. This sounds like its been going onfor a couple of years now. Why didn't they start making more at the beginning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gang,

I had the transmission on our '14 start missing shifts whit a check engine light when warm last weekend.

I dropped it off at the Dealer, who called back with Good News/Bad News: the Good news was the TCM, and so the repair would be free. :) However, the Bad news was that it was the TCM, and they had been on backorder since the beginning of May, and that he had six cars waiting for one. :rolleyes: So it sits...

Cheers,
Rod
I have the same issue and the same car, they must have a script for this they told me the same thing.... Good New/Bad News I have been without my care for 4 weeks now and have had nothing but problems with this car, Ford should be ashamed of themselves and give us all a rental or loaner!!!!

·
Registered
18,681 Posts
ALL of you need to give the dealers h-ll to let them know that you are never buying Ford again. They quit changing hard parts to fall back on the TCMs as an excuse to save them millions when the word got out about chip shortages. Many of the cars will get a TCM and still not be fixed but you DID get screwed for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Ford Focus with only 38,000 miles. I was told I was 7days out of warranty for the TCM and my car has been at the dealer ever since May 30,2022 so over 2 months and still no word when the pets will be back in. Also no loaner car either. All they say is they have no idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car has been at the dealership waiting for a TCM since May and they just told me there's still no ETA on the part. Aftermarket TCMs are easy to find for this car, but the dealership won't use them. I have no doubt Ford is intentionally creating a supply issue so we'll pay to have the car fixed somewhere else. Last Ford I'll ever own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The fact that your car isn't there wouldn't make them particularly motivated to call you if your position in line came up. If it's not on their lot it's not in their way and thus not inconveniencing them. Most people leave them at the dealer. I'd drive it there, hand them the keys, and tell them to call you when it's fixed. Find out when the TCM will be in. 2 months is at the very tail end of wait times.
I was just quotes over 5 months !

·
Registered
3 Posts
The fact that your car isn't there wouldn't make them particularly motivated to call you if your position in line came up. If it's not on their lot it's not in their way and thus not inconveniencing them. Most people leave them at the dealer.
I'd drive it there, hand them the keys, and tell them to call you when it's fixed. Find out when the TCM will be in. 2 months is at the very tail end of wait times.
I was told 5 months this morning!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took my car in for this. With the transmission issues the focus has had the TCM is covered up to 150k miles. They gave me a loaner to use while we wait. They have customers at my dealership that has been waiting since March for the part
Where are you located? I’m having the same issue but dealership says it will MAYBE come by the end of December and no rental or loaner cars :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
TCM on 2013 Focus - at the dealership at 3 weeks now. Estimated time for TCM to come in 6 months. Our dealership states that there are 65,000 back ordered! Loaner from Ford $40.00/day for 30 days. (What!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a call this morning. My car will be ready this afternoon. In May 5, so a little over 3.5 months. No indication how any of this works. I seem to be one of the lucky ones.

-Jeff
The thrill was short lived. Made it about 25 miles before same thing happened. I limped it straight to the dealer late yesterday. I should see what they say this morning. Its behaving the same as it did when I brought it in back in May.
I did get the rental car back which is being paid for by Ford.

I've done a lot of reading and have not seen 1 replacement TCM go bad. It seems as though I have one, still to be verified. I hope its not another 4 months. WHat do I do with the car when/if it is fixed. Its hard to trust it now.
What a mess.

-Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
The thrill was short lived. Made it about 25 miles before same thing happened. I limped it straight to the dealer late yesterday. I should see what they say this morning. Its behaving the same as it did when I brought it in back in May.
I did get the rental car back which is being paid for by Ford.

I've done a lot of reading and have not seen 1 replacement TCM go bad. It seems as though I have one, still to be verified. I hope its not another 4 months. WHat do I do with the car when/if it is fixed. Its hard to trust it now.
What a mess.

-Jeff
Always lightly score the TCM and take a picture of it. That's the only way to know you got a new tcm or they are doing a spray paint job on them. Theres shenanigans going on with these TCM's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer told me this past week that the wait is a year. He never mentioned any rental reimbursement. He advised talking to a salesman and buying a new car. I don't want a new payment, my car is paid for.

Should I insist on officially getting on the wait list? He said I should replace the clutches again. I already had them replaced once or twice. I'd rather get the TCM fixed and see how it drives with the clutches it has. $2400 for clutch replacement is what he quoted.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts