Focus Fanatics Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because of the chip shortage they can't/won't give you an estimated time. It would only get a customer angrier after waiting for weeks if it didn't come in when the Ford dealer was hoping. They're just trickiling in after all. Going by everybody else a 2 month wait seems to be the average. twistedct's post right before yours is the first that I've heard of a 3 month wait but he/she obviously picked a dealer with a large waiting list. The more people that are on a list at a particular dealer the longer the wait will be. My suggestion is ask specifically which number you are in the waiting line. That number should decrease every week or so if you call them for an update.
Just to clarify- is this asking the dealer that it is currently waiting at or the number you posted above? I can't seem to get anyone to answer the above number.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
1,100 Posts
I didn't post a #. That was another member. Also, you said you already called that # to start a case.
I meant call the actual dealer that has your TCM on order and is going to be changing it. There will be a list of people waiting for a TCM for their Focus as well and you are in a place on that list. As one TCM comes in and that car gets fixed everyone on the list moves up a position. Ask the service department manager what position that you're in every week. Others have done this to get an idea of where they are on the waiting list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Because of the chip shortage they can't/won't give you an estimated time. It would only get a customer angrier after waiting for weeks if it didn't come in when the Ford dealer was hoping. They're just trickiling in after all. Going by everybody else a 2 month wait seems to be the average. twistedct's post right before yours is the first that I've heard of a 3 month wait but he/she obviously picked a dealer with a large waiting list. The more people that are on a list at a particular dealer the longer the wait will be. My suggestion is ask specifically which number you are in the waiting line. That number should decrease every week or so if you call them for an update.
Last I knew, I think they said I'm 4th on the list at the particular dealer that's going to replace the TCM in my Focus. I need to call them and get an update.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Last I knew, I think they said I'm 4th on the list at the particular dealer that's going to replace the TCM in my Focus. I need to call them and get an update.
If you don't call them every week and they're not the most honest people they could theoretically bump someone else ahead of you that's been calling them and bothering them about it all the time. I'm sure that rarely happens but I know certain dealers are more honest than others and I wouldn't put it past one to do that. 3 months is weeks longer than what's being reported on this forum as normal. I wouldn't just wait for them to get in touch with you on a warranty job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you don't call them every week and they're not the most honest people they could theoretically bump someone else ahead of you that's been calling them and bothering them about it all the time. I'm sure that rarely happens but I know certain dealers are more honest than others and I wouldn't put it past one to do that. 3 months is weeks longer than what's being reported on this forum as normal. I wouldn't just wait for them to get in touch with you on a warranty job.
I just got off the phone with them and apparently I was 2nd in line, but they haven't gotten any in at all. The person I spoke with told me to call Ford customer service and complain. Pass the buck I guess. I may call around to other dealerships and see what their turnaround has been like, along with trying to call Ford directly.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The dealers can tell when a new shipment is coming according to other members that posted on here. Idk if calling any main Ford # would have any effect or give you any specific info but you could try I guess. The dealer should have the most up to date info on when they're coming to them and will know the specifics of your line position too. I'd call the dealer again every 3 days for a status update and that'll make them know that you are going to pester them until this is resolved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The dealers can tell when a new shipment is coming according to other members that posted on here. Idk if calling any main Ford # would have any effect or give you any specific info but you could try I guess. The dealer should have the most up to date info on when they're coming to them and will know the specifics of your line position too. I'd call the dealer again every 3 days for a status update and that'll make them know that you are going to pester them until this is resolved.
I'll most likely call other dealers to see how many, if any, they have in their queues, and ask what their turn-around times have been. This dealer I'm working with currently doesn't seem to have any initiative to even check on things themselves, and are probably just waiting for parts to come in on their own.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Go there in person and demand to talk to the service manager and tell them that their communication skills suck and that 3 months is way longer than average. Multiple people on here have posted that 6 to 9 weeks is how long they've waited in other TCM threads within the past couple months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious how many miles and how old your car is that the TCM is still covered by the warranty. I had mine replaced at 52k (before the extension). It has been fine ever since, but I'm at 126k now. And the car is 9 years old. I just assume I'd be buying my own at this point.
I just took my car in for this. With the transmission issues the focus has had the TCM is covered up to 150k miles. They gave me a loaner to use while we wait. They have customers at my dealership that has been waiting since March for the part

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took my car in for this. With the transmission issues the focus has had the TCM is covered up to 150k miles. They gave me a loaner to use while we wait. They have customers at my dealership that has been waiting since March for the part
Nooooo, not since March! Ugh. Ours has been in for over a month with ZERO answers to when it will be in/done. What in the world??

41 - 50 of 50 Posts