Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kit should i go with? tc or sc i just got the svt focus and in a month or so i am going to buy a forced induction system. power works looks good but i like turbos as well. But are there any good kits or any 1 that can put a kit togther. Im loking to run about 14psi. other future mods are borla exhaust, cai, drop the car and more.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Personally.. before you do the turbo or SC... I would do your exhaust mods first...

Its kinda pointless running a turbo or SC through a stock exhaust system.... it would hinder the performance.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
Personally.. before you do the turbo or SC... I would do your exhaust mods first...

Its kinda pointless running a turbo or SC through a stock exhaust system.... it would hinder the performance.
the stock exhaust system on the svtf flows just as good as any aftermarket system, with that said what are your goals power wise and what do you have to spend?

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
well for 300 whp turbo pretty much the only option, unless you go sc + n2o.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about 270 ish. but if i went turbo what do you recomend know that tom isnt makeing the kits anymore. Also what are some quick bolt-on for good perfomance.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
do a cia, 2 piece udp, definately, definately a tune, it will help out a LOT! might as well do brakes... i rode in a friends svt who has the behr brakes ... damn good brakes... stops quite literally on a dime... other than that.... i really coldnt tell you, maybe some tint if it doesnt have any...

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you are going PW, don't bother with the UDP or the CAI - they can't be used with the PW setup.

If you are waiting awhile before getting the PW, then get a aftermarket NA tune for improved performance. The tune will be erased when your ECU is reflashed by PW though.

Borla exhaust won't really be a performance improvement, but may provide a better sounding exhaust.

Drop it and put on some good rotors/pads and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i might go with the xios tc what do u thinj about that the stage 3 kit. they are with that i hear. it is behind that cat what u think of that. what is the difference besides the show.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
the svt kit is supposed to be good for 240ish on the pw tune, but with the big boost kit and a custom tune you sould see more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts