Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am tryin to figure out if i have TC on my svtf. I heard if you have the euro package then it comes with the TC but i dont even know what the euro package is. Anyone can help me out?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Euro package has the full leather Recaro seats, HID headlights, traction control, and the 'whole lotta spokes' wheels (I don't remember offhand how many it is)

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
If your not sitting on leather its not a euro pakage and its fifteen spokes I had to go outside to count

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
can you do burnouts? if you can then you don't have it lol. or you will have it if there's a button in the center console on the right hand side of the e-brake with a tire on it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
You dont have to have the euro to have TC. If a annoying yellow light comes on when you take off to fast and your car bogs like a bitch, then you have TC. That or just look for the button.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i put a switch on the #46 fuse that turns off the TC completely. its good for the track to get the tires rele goin or just messin around doin burn outs.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
it doesn't turn off completely when you hit the button?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
no which sucks. i guess you can get a tune and that will make the button an on/off switch instead of the stock on/auto on. from what i've heard they havn't got a tune that will disable the tc on the '04's. i did that kill switch also lol but it also wipes out your abs [:(]

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
do they make the tunefor the 03 ?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Whether you've got TC or not, you'll love your car a BUNCH more once you get a tune! You'll gain a bunch more torque at lower RPMs, get rid of the annoying "hanging idle" and do away with the surging between 2000 and 3500 RPM. Oh yeah and if you've got a 2003 or earlier, you can turn off your TC without compromising your ABS.

·
Registered
784 Posts
im slowly getting the money rased up for my SCT tune on my 03. i cant wait

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
gukin said:
Whether you've got TC or not, you'll love your car a BUNCH more once you get a tune! You'll gain a bunch more torque at lower RPMs, get rid of the annoying "hanging idle" and do away with the surging between 2000 and 3500 RPM. Oh yeah and if you've got a 2003 or earlier, you can turn off your TC without compromising your ABS.
how without compromising my abs[???:)]

·
Registered
524 Posts
The popular tunes from the "usual suspects" - Ray at McNews, Tom, FocusSport, Wayne at Hypnotic - will enable you to kill (completely kill) the T/C by turning it off with the console switch. This is for all '02s, all '03s, and most '04s. Proper ABS function is not affected by completely turning off traction control with the custom tunes.

With some late-model-run '04s, there has been no way found yet to completely shut off T/C with the console switch, even with the custom tunes. With these cars also, though, there is no compromise in ABS function.

Rigging up a traction control kill switch on any of these cars compromises ABS function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts