Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used fc tb and it only came with 2 of the screws that hold the new tb on. Shouldent there be 4? If so will the old ones work from my oem tb or do I need to find 2 more. and can i get them from just a auto store or a hardware store? thanks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you are referring to the screws that bolt the TB on to the manifold...the stock ones will be fine, but be careful that you don’t tighten them down too much, the manifold is plastic & you can easily strip the existing holes. The good news & the bad news is that if you don’t tighten them enough, there will be a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah got to get that just right. I bought some gasget sealer. I hear a bunch of horror stories about these things. I hope all goes well. Im doing the install tomm.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Make sure your gasket sealer is the hi- temp variety or it may melt out due to the heat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would buy new ones for it from the ford house, I did for about $2 and some gasket sealer and it worked great....

·
Registered
148 Posts
does anyone have a torque specification for the bolts that hold the tb on? doesn't the fc tb come with a gasket or is it not reliable? I guess i could use rtv if its not good enough

1 - 6 of 6 Posts