Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research on more performance parts for my ZTS. Now I know everyone is crazy about the T/B but I was wondering which part I should get first. Would it be better for me to put some underdrive pulleys on the car before the throttle body, or would it not make a difference.

On Steeda, I heard you gain 4-6 hp for the UDP, while the T/B is 2-3 hp. But I have also read on this forum that people didn't feel a difference out of most of the mods until the T/B.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Easily the udp imo. Udp and an intake are great first mods. Free up the exhaust with a hiflow cat, flex, and cat back....then throw that tb on.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have told you what I already have....

JBA Street Header
Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow CAT-Back

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well if you already have the header and cat-back why not just finish the exhaust off? Get a flexpipe and then get a hi-flow cat.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've been looking around, but can't find them anywhere......I'll just search a little more.....

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Links. So after the Exhaust is done the UDP or the T/B? It seems people are divided....Really, what I see is that the udp is relatively low priced and would be the easier to get.....

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd say just port your stock throttle body for better throttle response, and get a udp. Save up for some cams next... IMO a 65mm TB is one of those "last mod on the list" sort of thing

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well think about it...a tb is $200+ and udp are $100+..Id say the udp is the better bang for you buck...Then you can take the hundred you just saved and put it towards the tb when you get the rest of the money, if you dont already have enough.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
t/b isnt there to add power as much as it improves throttle response and a better overall feel for the engine. if i waited till the end of my list for a throttle body id be upset. run a search and read all the things people that have just installed t/b's had to say. it really is like night and day and u have to relearn the feel of the car all over again.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It would make much more sense to finish off your exhaust since you already have the shorty header and the cat-back. Then go for the TB. I've had mine on for a few months now and I really enjoy it. But I'm still getting use to it.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I agree, finish the exhaust, then TB.........you'll love it and you'll FEEL the difference. I would put the UDP lower on the list after the TB but thats my 2¢

·
Registered
292 Posts
I say udp, the tb really doesnt do anything for power

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
The throttle body will help throttle response tremendously which is something you can feel. The few ponies you get from the UDP are nice but I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference when I put mine on......at least not even close to the difference I felt with the TB.

·
Registered
456 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
It would make much more sense to finish off your exhaust since you already have the shorty header and the cat-back. Then go for the TB. I've had mine on for a few months now and I really enjoy it.
I agree.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts