Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we installed 65 mm focus central tb into my zts(manual).....put pts where its supposed to be on 2002 with manaul gear box.....put everything together.....and freackin thing would start at 2000 rpm and won't go down 1500rpm........so we were really quastioned with that.....took everything apart.....then back together....same thing.....so we tried again and this time put pts on 2002 with automatic gear box......and it started workin fine.....800rpm......we did follow the maual and all....so y is it like that does anybody know? and how safe is it?
thanks

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha the manual was right though.....cuz my buddy had his in the right place unlike mine...and his works fine as well

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
I would say first check the throttle plate adjustment screw, then make sure to pull the battery and reset the ecu, run it for a little while, and see if it adjusts. Mine idled a little higher for a little while, but not that high.

Or maybe, I remember hearing people talking about turning the tps 180 degrees so it points the other way... Try that, I bet that's it.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If it is idling right, you are fine...Remember to unplug your battery so the computer can reset itself. When you restart the car just let it idle for about 5 minutes, it will " relearn" the new TB..

Also, if you are using a gasket gop under the gasket on the TB, make sure it is high temp so it will not " melt"

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dcl2049 didn't try to adjust the screw but did try to turn tps 180 didn't help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts