Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so i installed my FC TB, but when i went to put the TPS mounting screws in, they broke! they're holding the TPS on the TB at the moment, but i was wondering if there would be an easy way to get them out and put the ones in that came with the TB. i know i should have used them in the first place, but i didn't realize what they were for until i heard the *snap* of the second screw[?|] .... oops! and also, the car's running fine, i took it out for a test drive, but is there anything i should adjust, besides the type of screws i'm using to hold the TPS in place?

EDIT: ok, the TPS came off on its own (prolly on my way to school) so i just need to take a pair of pliers or something to get the screws out of the holes. but any ideas about adjustments?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pliers should work on getting them out. As far as the screws go just take the broken pieces into your local hardware store so that you can find out the thread size. As far as length goes, just guess-timate on the size. Good luck, also if you can't get the broken parts of the screws out with pliers you can always drill them out with a small bit, as a last resort of course.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i went to wal-mart (where i work) and picked up a pair of vice grips. it took a few minutes, since i didn't go through the hassle of removing the tb and my cai again (i'm gonna have nightmares about that tonight, i swear!) but they came out without a problem. as far as the screws, the tb came with its own. i got to looking at the two screws and realized that the thread pattern is totally different. i just got back from a test drive, and it runs PERFECTLY now. the TPS came off on me on my way to school, and i put it back on, but it came back off on the way home. just comin back now, it stayed put through my "spirited" driving :) i've never had so much fun driving my car as i did today. i'm gonna have to be more careful, more than once did the tires not latch onto the road when coming out of a stop! i LOVE THIS THING! [:D]

·
Registered
440 Posts
or you can get a tap but youll need a new screw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts