Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys,

I am considering getting the Taylor Ignition Wires for my 2001 Zx3. But, I was curious if I should replace my spark plugs? And if I should which type should I get? I saw in the other post about copper cores but I am not sure.

Robert

·
Registered
40 Posts
Depends on what you have done performance wise on what type of plugs and what gap you should go with. But for basics, i would change your plugs if they have not been done in awhile. Put anti seize on the threads becasue of your alum. head.

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
get yourself the motorcraft copper plugs, they are all you need, and cheap as well, a set will run you about $15, replace those and get the taylor wires and you ill be happy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking on the motorcraft website and I saw they had 2 different sets of plugs... what is "Suppressor Spark Plug
FINEWIRE PLATINUM - NICKEL ENHANCED GROUND WIRE"

these the ones?

Robert

·
Registered
89 Posts
I Work at the local Ford Parts Dealership, and my .02 are to change them out with the stock OEM plugs, they are the best for the car and you wont have problems with them! Aftermarket plugs and Ford's just dont get along to often! I also have the Taylor Wires I bought from summit, and I gapped the plugs to .054 and the car responds great. You should be pleased with that combo! [ffrocks]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts