Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I should be getting a pretty hefty return this year. Which of course brings to mind the question that may just cause my wife to leave me lol.
I have an 03 svtf and I want to go fast, to quote my good friend Ricky Bobby.
I'm looking for the bottom line prices of hp ranges for sc, and turbo.
I'd like to be in the 250-300 whp range, nothing too ccrazy for my dd :)
what should I be looking to spend, on not just a kit, but everything involved?
I think I have to replace my exhaust and some other stuff is that correct?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If you don't wanna spend a whole lot on a Turbo setup and don't plan to break that 300whp barrier Id say find a used Procharger or JRSC. Either would put you in that range easily with a good tune. As for what you should look to spend. That really will depend on how lucky you are in finding a kit.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
get tom's kit he is selling right now. It's like 1500 i believe for all the piping and such. U just need tuning and some other things... it's the cheapest and best way to go. Look into 1turbofocus for this

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, I'll start checking around for a used kit. From what I understand about FI (just about zero) the sc has less impact on the engine since its power from the bottom up, where as a turbo just kicks you in the face all at once. So that being said, If I cant push right up to 300 with a sc then I would prefer to go that route.

·
Registered
235 Posts
and a tune... so if you add up you are around 2500 by now...
Plus couplers, clamps, gauges, wastegate, blow off valve, J&S, injectors, gauges, drain/return hoses, gaskets, oil pan and fittings, Diablo MAFia, etc.

Trust me from experience, the price builds exponentially and you'll end up around 4500 if you cut some corners. It is no where as cheap to do getting brand new parts as people seem it to be.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
sweet, I'll start checking around for a used kit. From what I understand about FI (just about zero) the sc has less impact on the engine since its power from the bottom up, where as a turbo just kicks you in the face all at once. So that being said, If I cant push right up to 300 with a sc then I would prefer to go that route.
I have mine up for sale in the BST area. Temporarily marked sold to another user here until tomorrow. If I don't hear anything back Thursday morning, it's back up for sale.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
my turbo kit is for sale as well. it will easiely meet your goals. it is 2400.

what you have heard about a turbo "kicking in" and being more strain on your engine than a sc is BS!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
my turbo kit is for sale as well. it will easiely meet your goals. it is 2400.

what you have heard about a turbo "kicking in" and being more strain on your engine than a sc is BS!
I would buy that in a second if I had the right engine. That would be my choice for you. Great price and great kit![thumb]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts