Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey not sure if you all have seen me around I don't post too often. I need help! I need some new awesome ideas on what to do to my SES. I'm allotting myself around $1,500 or more of my tax return to upgrade the car.

My ideas are only an intake, exhaust, drop, HIDs, and tint. I already bought a K&N Typhoon that I'm going to install next weekend. I don't know what else to do.

Pretty sure I'm going to go with Mike's FRPP deal. But I'm lost on exhaust. I like so far the FS, Magnaflow, and Borla sound clips. I'm not sure about the 08 kits fitting the 09s, and I'm not particularly looking to do any custom work either.

So this is where I hope all of you can help me. What else would you do? I'm very eager to see what you all think.

Thanks, ~Art

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
08's are the same as the 09's

dont do HID unless your headlight is designed for it, you'll blind people. maybe throw a STS in there too.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
intake, exhaust, frpp and some hids that will be around 1500 bucks...

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
I have eyebrows on my headlight's and my HIDs are fine so i know you can run them you just have to make some sort of cut off.

As for exhaust if you like borla it would have to be custom. Cause there aren't any borla kit's iirc. There is a muffler at jegs' that will fit you just have to get a shop to make the piping

magnaflow you can get thru trubendz

and focus sport always a good product

if it was me tho and i had 1500 since my car's not a dd i would throw some coilover's on and be done

no matter what anyone say's HID's can be installed in a non HID houseing it just take's some work to get the proper cut off so u don't blind people

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have eyebrows on my headlight's and my HIDs are fine so i know you can run them you just have to make some sort of cut off.

As for exhaust if you like borla it would have to be custom. Cause there aren't any borla kit's iirc. There is a muffler at jegs' that will fit you just have to get a shop to make the piping

magnaflow you can get thru trubendz

and focus sport always a good product

if it was me tho and i had 1500 since my car's not a dd i would throw some coilover's on and be done

no matter what anyone say's HID's can be installed in a non HID houseing it just take's some work to get the proper cut off so u don't blind people
X2 i have them installed in my stock housing and they look fine and dont make people go off the road and cause explosions lol [boxface]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning on going with the 2.5" high flow cat exhaust magnaflow from trubendz for like $405. IMO if you have PZEV I woulda went with the f2 cai for the 03-07 (which fits the 08-09 PZEV) which is $185 w/ outerwear. Then Steeda Short-throw shifter for $120. H&R lowering springs from focus sport for $250, tint is generally somewhere around $200 or so, and then HIDs should prob take you up to somewhere around $1500.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, wow thanks on the response. Ok, I'm scratching the HIDs off the list. I think the STS is a great idea I will be buying that. I do like the f2 cai i may buy that. It would be nice to have both. So if i do a FS stealth, FRPP kit from Mike, Steeda STS, and tint that comes to around 1180 and i added extra for shipping. I'm excited.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Hi, glad ur having fun, and finding help on the site!! It's a great resource, even with punks like me that tell you to search all the time.

I would recommend the STS, and the dogbone mount. I can get you deals on both. The mount is an important one, really goes well with a nice Steeda STS.

I would also rec. a TB, but there arent any yet for the drive by wire.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am looking to do a little someting to my 08 SES coupe as well. I am new here so can anyone tell me what the FRPP is? And I am assuming STS is short throw shifter.
Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
r u gonna do all your own installs?... that will save a ton of money...cuz 1500 won't go far if you don't...

had i mechanical skills instead of musical skills i coulda saved big time... labor is expensive ..

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
FRPP is something that MIKE at hilbish can get you for REALLY good prices.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Who is this Mike at hilbish and where can I find him. Can he get me good prices on the frpp suspension kit from ford for the 08-09?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
from what i understand. mike doesnt work in parts any more and thus the hillbish section has shutdown.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Just called Hillbish and spoke to Billy in parts. Nice guy and still learning the Focus ropes but he can still hook us up with great prices and if he has a question, Mike is just an ext call away.

·
Registered
262 Posts
HID's are cool if there done right. but performance is more important. most definatly. but ill tell you what is cool and makes your cars safer. LED's. theres brighter, and they repond to your brake switch alot faster than normal bulbs. anyone interested in LED's, check out superbrightleds.com. i got mine there...i get compliments all the time on how much better they look then the regular bulbs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts