Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to remove excessive tar? i did a few lil burnouts and shot tar all over my rocker panels... any help would help

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help. i used it today on my rocker panels and while i was waiting the min, all i saw was black on the pavement under the car from the tar running off. it took it off better then any other of the tar removers i have bought in the past. i have used turtle waxes brand of tar and bug remover, and i had to scrub my butt off to get it off. thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
peanutbutter works wonder on tar!

haha...it might sound weird but there were so many times during the summer when i used peanut butter over products that are specifiaclly sold for tar removal...it seems to work better...just be sure to use creamy; wouldn't want nuts scratching your paint

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
im a big fan of claybar, gets the tar off as well as a lot more contaiminants that you can barely see. i have a white car and it turns the bar black lol

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
For a big tar-removal job......buy a gallon of diesel fuel. Won't hurt the paint if merely used on a rag, and it's not nearly as flammable as gasoline. Also works as a parts cleaner, and kills weeds. [;)]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
For a big tar-removal job......buy a gallon of diesel fuel. Won't hurt the paint if merely used on a rag, and it's not nearly as flammable as gasoline. Also works as a parts cleaner, and kills weeds. [;)]
diesel is to expensive for that haha...there are cheaper alternatives man

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Too expensive? Right now it's about $2 a gallon. That's the cheapest tar-remover you'll find. As a weed killer it's even cheap...[:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts