Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im gonna play around with my taplets to make the vavle click alil quiter or gone

got these at the at pick and pull

question where would they be stamped if they where at all with a size jw if not ill get something the measure them with

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
On the bottom side there will be a stamp in mm's, something like 17.035 or 17.018 etc.
Can be a PITA to read. Clean the oil off then with brake cleaner and then wash them with hot water. That lets the # rust slightly in the air and makes it a little easier to read.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the bottom side there will be a stamp in mm's, something like 17.035 or 17.018 etc.
Can be a PITA to read. Clean the oil off then with brake cleaner and then wash them with hot water. That lets the # rust slightly in the air and makes it a little easier to read.
so way up deep in the bottom of the taplet or like on the wall ? or more around the tip part in the middle ?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
way up top

*not actual part

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bro ! that sucks cus there all caked up lol but that should help alot if its there or not ! and that bucket looks different but its so clean and shinny i want it lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any one know what the stamps should be cus it seems like weird these are the number ive seen so far ... i think 265/1025/1205 idk ? .. ill get something to measure them with later

·
FF Affiliate
31,146 Posts
The valve lash buckets come in I think its 12 Diff sizes now , You need to first check your clearances and see what ones are so loose that they are making noises , Then remove those and with a micrometer measure from the inside that sits on the valve to the top where the cam rides , write that down then see how far off that is to what it takes to make the recommended valve lash for your cams then measure your new found buckets and see if you have one the size needed to get the clearances you need

Tom

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS tom i understand what i have to do and i know that even with the stamp its way better the measure them i just wanted to try to see what the stamps where so see what they should be once i measure them so i can see how much they have worn . but thank u

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i got the stamps to rust just right ... i got a 17.175 17.205 17.265 17.385x2 so hopefully one of these will fix the loose tappet .. if not to the yunk yard for more free tappets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts