Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you read the title you know what this thread is about.

I have 10% on the sides and back and 25% down the entire windshield. Ultimately it feels great and really takes away the brightness of the Sun without hindering my abilities to see traffic and pedestrians.

What I don't like about dark tint is the fact that it makes my Windows look like black slates breaking up the red in my car. In my opinion dark tint looks almost ricer like.

So talk me into or out of removing all of my tint. Keep in mind if I remove it I will not be looking into ways to put on 200$ worth of lighter tint.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Is colored tint legal or even available where you live?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
I would leave it on there. You notice it everyday you drive. No squinting, cooler car especially where you are. Privacy is another.

Considering you have it everywhere I could see how you might not like it, but I would guess that after a couple weeks you would be wishing you had it back on.

·
Registered
739 Posts
If anything remove the tint on your windshield. I don't know why anyone would want to limit their visibility through their windshield. Seems like a huge safety risk to me.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
If anything remove the tint on your windshield. I don't know why anyone would want to limit their visibility through their windshield. Seems like a huge safety risk to me.

Just keep the strip at the top. I think that alone would let bough light in so it wasn't a dark slate from the outside.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just keep the strip at the top. I think that alone would let bough light in so it wasn't a dark slate from the outside.
Yeah a strip at the top I completely understand but if it's the entire windshield that just makes me cringe.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some people have vision deficiencies, mine happens to allow me to have windshield tint with a doctors note. Although this is the first car I have taken advantage of it all the way to the windshield, usually I just get darker side tint.

No, I am not a vampire, my eyes just don't adjust to sudden changes in light as quickly as others.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a picture from the inside out on a dark stormy night, its not that "hindering" so to speak. During the day it looks the same as wearing sunglasses. If your in my car you have no need to wear them at all.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Just leave the tint alone, Will. Look where you live.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Some people have vision deficiencies, mine happens to allow me to have windshield tint with a doctors note. Although this is the first car I have taken advantage of it all the way to the windshield, usually I just get darker side tint.

No, I am not a vampire, my eyes just don't adjust to sudden changes in light as quickly as others.
Well in that case I completely understand. I was under the impression this was all just for looks. Sorry if I came off sorta jerkish.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
So then having eye problems with the light should be even more reason to keep them on.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ive always had dark tint. I love it. Im planning on having my fronts redone soon(has some scratches) and my front windshield in 35%.

Currently have 5% on front doors, rear and back are completely blacked out.(plastidip from the inside to hide my wall)

·
Registered
524 Posts
My sister pulled her tint off when she got stopped for it and the cop "demanded" her remove it. She didn't know any better and listened, but it messed up her windows pretty bad. Had all kinds of remnants of the tint on that she was unable to get off no matter what the two of us tried.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
My sister pulled her tint off when she got stopped for it and the cop "demanded" her remove it. She didn't know any better and listened, but it messed up her windows pretty bad. Had all kinds of remnants of the tint on that she was unable to get off no matter what the two of us tried.
Thats no good. Should of said, I'll have a pro do it. Yea IK it is what it is & she was just listening to the cop.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have pulled tint before and it is a bitch I must say. I actually used brake cleaner to get the remaining pieces off.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
This time leave it on, Willy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think the tint looks good when compared to a red Focus without tint. I also have seen a blue car (nissan something) that has a light blue tint on it, and that look is great on one day, and then horrible on the next. I'm far too undecided on it.

I've been wanting to get tint, and have a gift card worth $175 that I could use towards the tint, but I'm a bit worried about bringing any attention to my car ever since my DUI.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts