Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of putting the new motor together and took the spark plugs out of the old head. I had been shipped SPI spark plugs instead of Zetec and theu were RECESSSED back into the head, they didn't even stick into the combustion chamber.

Part number is IT16 for the SPI and ITV16 for the Zetec

And I still managed 170whp and a 14.6 at the track.

Almost makes me want to put it back together the way it was with the right plugs and see what it could do but oh well.

I will post pics, it is amazing.

·
Registered
958 Posts
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] thats funny...lets see some pics

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I had:

What it SHOULD look like:

Moral of the story, check those little numbers before you put them in [:)]

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
dang goat I can't believ you put those in did'nt you compare them to your old ones just to make sure? I got some plugs the other day and I was like WTF! the threads were twice has long they had the wrong part number in the compute and if I would have put them in it would have for sure hit the piston. All well that ends well I guess. I bet you'll check them from now on huh? lol[;)]

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sleepyboy said:
dang goat I can't believ you put those in did'nt you compare them to your old ones just to make sure? I got some plugs the other day and I was like WTF! the threads were twice has long they had the wrong part number in the compute and if I would have put them in it would have for sure hit the piston. All well that ends well I guess. I bet you'll check them from now on huh? lol[;)]
I was young and stupid, what can I say....but you are right, def checking from now on. To hell with trusting people shipping the right things.

On a side note, I have a free set of Denso SPI plugs laying around in good gondition [:)]

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Goat Roper said:
Almost makes me want to put it back together the way it was with the right plugs and see what it could do but oh well.
I would gladly do this for you. just send me the parts and ill get started on it [:D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts