Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm gonna do it. I going from an automatic to a stick. I have no idea where to start. If i did that, what else would need to be changed? sensors, etc etc. unless someone wants to trade focuses lol. Thanks guys[ffrocks]

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
ooo fun stuff. gonna need new tranny probly new ecu but a reflash might work, slave cyl lines clutch cables the whole kit and kabootle. best bet is to go to a junk yard and find a wreck with good tranny. rob everything off it you will need. it should be fun

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Search button lol. But in short words. Tranny, sensors, starter, and a few other things.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Illipino (posted above) is the guy to ask. He just finished this exact project.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
well i wouldnt say "just" finished, i have about 4000 miles on the swap including two autocrosses and everything is working great!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok Man Heres What You need cause I did it. You Need Trany,pedals(standard),Shifter Cables,Sensors,Shifter,axles,ecm,you really dont need the stardard ecm but the light will come on cause its trying to send shift signals, but auto one will work, wiring harness for standard, standard mount(doggybone) its just thicker and steel and its simple from there. Also a word of advice put new clutch in now along with pressure plate and have your flywheel resurfaced. This way it saves time so you dont have to replace clutch as fast.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You'll never use your O/D light on your cluster again. Good luck, its a bit of work but the reward is worth it.
-Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts