Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been researching the 2012 Focus for quite some time as I was trying to decide what I'd want to buy as my first new car. My grandpa gave me a Z plan pin so it made my choice a bit easier. At the same, time I've been lurking these forums and it really did help me make the decision. Tomorrow I'm going to the dealer to order a yellow blaze titanium and will become an official player of the waiting game. [thumb]

I ended up getting my car yesterday (12/10/2011) and so here are some pictures:

I am completely blown away by the fact that I am so happy with a Focus (no offense to the earlier gens)! What a great fricken car. The dealer said that from the time it was out on the lot to when I picked it up, three people were interested in it. Hah.

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
You won't regret it, good choice, nice color, congrats on the new ride

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got mine for $300 under invoice from Bert Shepard at Covert off 183. Go see him and pick one out, you can get a better than Zplan deal! BTW I have the SE Auto with 203A. I picked mine from stock and emailed him but he was happy to order one or hold one on order for me. Very nice guy, no BS, great followup. The best transaction I've ever had with a dealer.

<[email protected]>
Bert Sheppard
Internet Sales Manager
Covert Ford Lincoln
11514 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78759
(512) 345-4343 x103 Main
(512) 345-6550 Fax
(512) 945-5995 Direct Cell
www.covertford.com

http://covertfordaustin.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en

·
Registered
92 Posts
[welcome] Welcome and great choice! I'm still waiting for my VIN ordered Sept 21. But I ordered a specific color that is not available yet (coming back this week). Let us know your experience with the process.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Welcome and good luck. After reading up on it, too, I decided to go for it. I'm using my Dad's A-plan so that's why I'm getting a Titanuim. It's cool how much I saved and my Dad can track the car for me....and it's at the dealership right now!! So basically what I'm saying is, is that the time will go by quicker than you think, it did for me ;) (I think we submitted my order Sept 3rd and it's been delievered Oct 10th)
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome and good luck. After reading up on it, too, I decided to go for it. I'm using my Dad's A-plan so that's why I'm getting a Titanuim. It's cool how much I saved and my Dad can track the car for me....and it's at the dealership right now!! So basically what I'm saying is, is that the time will go by quicker than you think, it did for me ;) (I think we submitted my order Sept 3rd and it's been delievered Oct 10th)
Posted via FF Mobile
I had been calculating the cost based on some other known values I had (MSRP vs Z plan) and it seemed to be about 9% off MSRP. What I had calculated and what I was given for a price was about a $100 difference so my crystal ball was pretty close[thumb]

The dealer said he was getting them in about 5 weeks as well. I can't wait!

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm glad to be able to finally order my car and join these forums.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Man I refuse to give Covert any of my business. when I first got to Austin I was looking for some work to be done on my cobra and they pissed me off so bad I laid a patch through their service lane LOL! wrote letters, emails, and posted my story on every website I visited for 5 or 6 years and sent them a link to it. never got a response of any kind. merely reinforced my decision. Good luck if you ever have to have it serviced.

I got mine for $300 under invoice from Bert Shepard at Covert off 183. Go see him and pick one out, you can get a better than Zplan deal! BTW I have the SE Auto with 203A. I picked mine from stock and emailed him but he was happy to order one or hold one on order for me. Very nice guy, no BS, great followup. The best transaction I've ever had with a dealer.

<[email protected]>
Bert Sheppard
Internet Sales Manager
Covert Ford Lincoln
11514 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78759
(512) 345-4343 x103 Main
(512) 345-6550 Fax
(512) 945-5995 Direct Cell
www.covertford.com

http://covertfordaustin.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en

·
Registered
171 Posts
Man I refuse to give Covert any of my business... Good luck if you ever have to have it serviced.
That's not reassuring. I've never serviced anything there but I have delt with them on 3 separate occasions and they've always been very professional. I'm hoping whoever pissed you off is gone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I refuse to give Covert any of my business. when I first got to Austin I was looking for some work to be done on my cobra and they pissed me off so bad I laid a patch through their service lane LOL! wrote letters, emails, and posted my story on every website I visited for 5 or 6 years and sent them a link to it. never got a response of any kind. merely reinforced my decision. Good luck if you ever have to have it serviced.
Hah. I actually ended up going to Leif Johnson Ford over on Koenig. A few months back my wife and I got the bug to go take a look at a focus in person on a saturday. Covert was closed and Leif Johnson was open.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's not reassuring. I've never serviced anything there but I have delt with them on 3 separate occasions and they've always been very professional. I'm hoping whoever pissed you off is gone.
don't know if they are still there or not, I kind of doubt they are. it is more the fact that they never acknowledged my complaint at all, even with a "we have your complaint and are looking into it". totally ignored and that put me in a they will NEVER get a dime of my money and if I can stear people away from them I will. I have heard their sales guys are better but once the sale is over you have to deal with service.

Hah. I actually ended up going to Leif Johnson Ford over on Koenig. A few months back my wife and I got the bug to go take a look at a focus in person on a saturday. Covert was closed and Leif Johnson was open.
Lief Johnson is good peeps. I have dealt with them as well as Mac Haik up in georgetown. for warranty work will go to either one of those guys. Haik more likely since they did some top notch work and customer service was good as well. I have not been in for about 8 years tho since only driving my cars a month out of the year kinda keeps things from breaking. will change now that I am coming home for good, maybe kinda sorta LOL

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've stopped in at Mac Haik and they tried to screw me when i was ready to buy. They also tried to screw the rents when they bought their Explorer. I have delt with them on service issues and they're always professional in that respect.

MrWhistles, congrats on the ride.. did you post pics in the intro section?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've stopped in at Mac Haik and they tried to screw me when i was ready to buy. They also tried to screw the rents when they bought their Explorer. I have delt with them on service issues and they're always professional in that respect.

MrWhistles, congrats on the ride.. did you post pics in the intro section?
Not yet. I just put in my order yesterday. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post sooner than later.

·
Registered
472 Posts
yeah .. I am not a big fan of any dealers sales force. I generally don't buy new cars but in the case of my Ti I was dealing with Military Sales and they are pretty much straight up without having to deal with the bullcrap. this could very well be my first and last purchased new car LOL!

I stopped in there when I was home on vacation a couple years ago and they had a GT500KR with a 50K dealer add-on. Salesman and I had a conversation about how the car will never sell for that, and then I told him I COULD pay cash for it at MSRP and he suddenly jumped all over it. I then told him that I would take 50K trade in on my 2004 mystichrome with 5k miles on it and pay the difference in cash. He said "you will never get that for a trade in" and I said " and you will never get 50k over sticker for that" so I guess we will call it a wash and walked out LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
I almost went with the X plan after being steered into it by my local dealer who wouldn't budge much on the price. I still wasn't happy with the price and thought I could do better so I ended up going to another dealer who sells for invoice and saved $500 by not going with the X plan. These plans aren't the great deals that they make them out to be. Now I just need to wait for it to get built.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just updated the original post with some pictures!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think they sent you the car I ordered by mistake.

Congrats though!

·
Registered
364 Posts
congrats on the car. [cheers]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats! Love the color.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts