Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Focus ZX3 and I have some questions.

1. I'm hearing some rattling noise from the left front side of the car, seems like from under the panel on the left side of the windshield. Are there any links to manuals/videos on how to take that panel off? The previous owner said it can be due to the glass chips stuck inside the panel when the windshield was broken in an accident. (Now the car has a new windshield).

2. The 6-CD changer sucks. It gives me a CD error almost every time I try to play a CD and it skips when playing the songs every now and then. I tried mounting both CDs from the store in very good condition, CDs burnt on my computer on slow speeds, it doesn't help.

Is there something I can do with the CD player to fix it? Also, is there a way to connect a 3.5mm jack cable to play music from the ipod?

Thanks in advance.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
If you wanna go the Ipod route , you'll need to get an adapter that hooks into your AUX port on the back of the changer . I used a Pac-Audio adapter when I hooked up Sirius Sportster to my 6 disk changer. But I think there are several different types, Axxcess being the other I believe.

As far as the rattling part , it maybe that your hearing something from the outside moving around . Best thing that I can think of is to wear some gloves and feel up around under the dash and see if you can find anything knocked loose . Just be careful with the broken glass as some of it maybe still lodged making the noise your talking about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts