Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I are having the hardest time taking the damn thing off. It's just a simple wrench and pull right? Is there something I'm missing? Anyone know it's this hard? Like... we are not weak guys... but this making feel like I didn't eat my wheaties....

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also wondering if I pull on it to hard, the steering rack will get damaged... true or false?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Removal

Loosen the front wheel nuts.
Remove the wheel.
Loosen the tie-rod end locknut and remove the retaining nut.
Loosen the locknut.
Remove the retaining nut.

Using the special tool, release the tie-rod end from the wheel knuckle.

NOTE: Make a note of the number of turns used to remove the tie-rod end.

Remove the tie-rod end and locknut.

Installation

WARNING: Install a new tie-rod end retaining nut. Failure to follow this instruction may result in personal injury.

NOTE: Make sure the tie-rod end is secured by the same number of turns used to remove it. After installation, check the toe adjustment.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*note to self: You are a weak computer geek. When something doesn't move with a large wrench, call over a real man of the machines to move it.

My dad just called me a n00b. Really! I've been at this freak'n thing for hours and he comes home, gets on his back, puts his foot on the wheel well and yanks on the tie rod with a massively large monkey wrench. One shot, one kill... it moves. Talk about a blow to your manhood... lol.

Once I get the freak'n thing all put together, I'm going to Custom Alignment for all the adjustments so no worries about counting and all that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lol, so the problem was WEAKNESS....i see......JK glad you got it off finally i know i would get pissed. Good call on the Alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts