Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I was driving about 2 weeks ago and a guy in a silverado said that I have NO running lights so I was like ok I stopped and checked and they worked just fine... I thought maybe he just couldn't see all that well because I have Chad's tinted tails... thanks again Chad.

Well just last night I was pulled over because he told me that a CAT- back exhaust is illegal... if it is louder than the stock exhaust... freaking liar[rolleyes] . Well then he told me that my right running light was out... so after 10 mins of being hassled by this [:)][:)][:)][:)]er he let me go and I drove up to the nearest grocery store and checked the lights and all the lights worked fine but one thing I noticed is when I step on the brake the third brake light and the left brake light lights up immediately but the right brake light is delayed for a second... is there anyone else that has had this problem or can someone tell me what is up with that?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
noone knows whats up??? [:(]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks... I will try that for sure.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
did you ever get this figured out?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Nope, never seen that one. The closest thing ive seen is after i installed the RS wing on my car, the led third brake light will light quicker than the tails, but just figured it was because theyre leds.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
LED's do light up faster (if you've ever looked at the newer cadillac STS tail lights, they are an immediate on/off, as opposed to the fade in/out of the normal bulbs).

i think with a stock incadescent bulb, you are always going to have a little fade in/out of the bulb, and some vehicles do have a delayed brake pedal-to-light time, i've found some cars are worse than others. This could be the reason for the delay, but i dont think it has anything to do with the coating on the lens?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh no... I wasn't insinuating that they were from the tinted tails AT ALL... I was just asking if anyone knows why my right brake light is slower than the others is all.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
if i were you, i would back up against a large plate glass window (store front) at night so that you can see your reflections while in the car. i would check to see if you have any issues with the running lights, and then check to see if you have proper brakelight operation.

if you have a delay in the lights from the time you hit the brake pedal, to the time you get the lights to come on, that may be normal. i will check mine if i'm out tonight to see if mine are delayed as well. i think it is normal to have a bit of a delay in some vehicles.

if you are talking more than a moment delay though, you may have a brake switch sensor issue

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think there maybe an issue with mine because it doesn't do it all the time but it's just my right brake light that is slow every once in a while. Like it has a longer delay than all the rest.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
you're still under warranty, i would just take it in and tell them you are having electrical issues with your tail lights. dont let them B.S you about the lenses being coated, that wont affect any warranty issues.

it's under warranty and still their baby. let them do the worrying.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah I know I think I will bring it in soon... and if they even thought about giving me issues with the lenses I will personally kick their ass cause that would be absolutely stupid the lenses have nothing to do with the electrical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts