Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well I've searched everywhere, but no luck finding black(or any for that matter) tailights for a 07 4dr Focus. Any ideas of how to get some. I also heard theres material that can be cut and put over them or covers.....Any luck??

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
if you are just looking at blacking out your tail's, go buy a can of tint and spray them up...it's easy and cheap and it looks nice

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
sweet....... speaking of taillight tint, there was a 90's cherokee that had blacked out rims and tails in our shop..... I never thought of that on a jeep....looked real nice though, I think i have a picture of it. oh well...... yeah it's like black out......tint stuff. lol I don't remember anymore :B

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Its called Night Shade , But I dunno where to buy it other than online
sorry

:edit:
Found it online at Autozone says its normally stocked.
Part number 88-01589

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Its actually spelled Nite Shade,
VHT is the manufacturer. Their website used to have a store locater on it, but they're updating it. They've been doing that for a while. http://www.vhtpaint.com/

Your other option is cling tint. That's more readily available.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56200

Pre-cut options are available on ebay.

And just for the record, they're aren't any manufacturers currently producing tail lights for the 05 to 07 ZX4's.
Roland07 said it best:
We were the bastard facelift child of Foci-dom. We will be forever shafted. =(

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i believe you can get niteshade from summit racing or massive. niteshade can look pretty good if done right. just be sure to have the proper temp for painting and dont overspray. if you do it without wetsanding it with have a flat black look. or you can wetsand and clearcoat and get it with more of a glossy look

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Is this what you are looking to do on the side markers and tail? If so then yes, it is nite shade. There was a write up, but the guy got banned so I don't think it's here anymore...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the night shade sounds pretty cool but what about the vinyl overlays are they good looking i saw them pretty cheap and the picture looked good but anyone have an idea on the appearance???

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Here's how the cling tint turned out for me

I just took my time, started on one side and used black duck tape to keep it down.
Kept the lense wet and stretched the tint film as tight as I could.
The duck tape isn't visible once the light is installed.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
well the night shade sounds pretty cool but what about the vinyl overlays are they good looking i saw them pretty cheap and the picture looked good but anyone have an idea on the appearance???
i wuld personally suggest painting over vinyl. it's not the easiest thing to get the vinyl to lay perfectly without creases or bubbles if you dont have much experience with it. and it can be scratches eaiser

·
Registered
76 Posts
nite shade can be bought on ebay pretty cheap, just wet sand your tails with 1000 grit or better( I personally go with 1000 then to 2000), clean with sum paint thinner or 90% alcohol allow to dry and after its clean don't touch any part of it that your painting, spray about three very light coats on it( holding the can 12 to 18 inches away to avoid runs), letting it dry during each coat. Let it cure for three ot more hours and install, enjoy.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
in some instances, you can get pulled over for it!! make sure you don't overdo it!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah! From personal experience, I wouldn't go over three to four coats!!! Three look like a very dark,dark black cherry in the bright sun glare. Four is totally black no hint of red, until you hit the brakes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
yes i just got pulled over for mine a couple of nights ago

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
I used a hole can on mine and they were never that dark what the heck. the sun faded them really bad and now they look smoked on a good day

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts

Those are super shiny!!! I wish mine were that shiny…I never could figure out the clear coat thing…lol But then again, I’ve never gotten pulled over for mine…lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts