Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.

On my sister's focus zx5 (hatch) her brake lights do not work while your driving or in neutral. However when your in park the brake lights work.
The rear indicators work.
Ive also been told that when im driving during the day with lights/headlights turned off that my taillights are on.

i checked the ground which is below the trunk opening and grinded the hole. i have also checked every fuse(minus ford fuses) and they all work.

I have also checked with my focus zx3 that its not the brake lights that are constantly on, you can tell the difference.

I swapped the black sensor thing on the brake pedal support and it didn't do anything different.

Do you find it very odd that when your in park the brake lights/tailights work fine, but once your in drive brake lights don't work and tailights are constantly on?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Scott

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The headlight switch is ok, i tested it with 2 different ones and it doesn't make a difference.

i checked the cable that runs to the tranny. i could only see 2 wires running to the adapter plug. it seems to be connected.

anyone else have any ideas?

the cables that run from the car to the trunk/hatch/third brake light look like this...

are you supposed to see wire like this?
but then does this cause anything to the tailights?

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you terry

i fixed the problem now. i replaced 3rd brake light from my other focus and now works.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You still want to insulate those bare wires, man. That's trouble waiting to happen.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The headlight switch is ok, i tested it with 2 different ones and it doesn't make a difference.

i checked the cable that runs to the tranny. i could only see 2 wires running to the adapter plug. it seems to be connected.

anyone else have any ideas?

the cables that run from the car to the trunk/hatch/third brake light look like this...

are you supposed to see wire like this?
but then does this cause anything to the tailights?
That is def a problem, get them wrapped and let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts