Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys this is starting to get to me. The turn signal/brake circuit is being turned on when I put the car into gear (automatic car). When I put it into park the tail lights go out but still work as brake/turn signals. If I pull the hazard circuit fuse the lights will go out when in gear and the turn signals click when used but no blinking lights. There is no lights out when pulling brake system fuses. Here is the interesting part. If I use a test light and check continuity on the 12 volt lead for the interlock solenoid on the shifter the tail lights will turn off. I have repaired the wiring that goes to the 3rd brake light, already read that thread. Oh and when the lights are on the 3rd brake light is not and will come on when the brakes are applied. I am thinking the hazard flasher unit is bad??? Any ideas.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, have chased the wiring down to the Hazard lights circuit. I pull the fuse and the taillights go out. So now it is in the turn signal circuit some where. Anybody got an idea where to go next.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay not only cleaned the hazard switch connector but bought a new hazard switch just to be sure. I also cleaned the brake switch and replaced the rear tail light bulbs to assure no internal shorting in them. Still have the issue. I'm at the quart of gas and a match edge now!! I hate electrical issues. Any other ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts