Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have this issue with their mk2? I'm starting to believe it was in a non reported accident prior to my purchase. The drivers side tail light doesn't sit properly. I thought maybe it was my old tail lights as the one was "abused" by some thug hockey player after a game a couple years ago - but I just installed these tail lights today and still the drivers side won't sit flush with the rest of the body as it should. Any thoughts? When I follow the body line down the bumper, it does seem to be a tiny bit out of line, but that's the only inconsistency along the board other than the actual light not sitting flush.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Are you able to push the tail light up at all when the nuts are loosened so it lines up with the rear quarter panel instead of the bumper? I'm wondering if maybe your bumper isn't lined up correctly. The rear quarter panel is a pretty large piece so something major would have to happen for that to be out of line.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No matter what I did, it would "pop" in and "pop" out of the position that it needed to be in. I might bring it up when I bring it in for the passenger side mount - but if they give me any slack about it I'll let it slide because while it bothers me, I know that it doesn't affect the cars ability to drive. It's also been this way since purchase and I didn't say anything, which is my fault.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine did this with my stock tails and LED tails on the passenger side. Just a poor mounting design.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping to look under the bumper when the weather turns warmer and see if it's mounted properly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was hoping to look under the bumper when the weather turns warmer and see if it's mounted properly.
Not sure that would help too much. Why not pull it in the garage and put on a heater, then go to the trunk and get a deep socket set and adjust the bolts until you can move it a bit. See if that works. My idea is add washers until it sits properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts