Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i would get a stocker from the junk yard that has close to the same km's on it as yours and call it a day ..looks way better than an aftermarket one IMO not to mention looks cleaner and probly cheaper

·
Registered
73 Posts
Either get a stocker or get a SMALL aftermarket one

NOTHING RICE! lol Dont even get a shift light i think those are the gheyest thing ever

I have a silver blue scheme in my car and when i got my gauges i got Autometer Cobalt Series... Awesome gauges

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HELP I purchased a instrument cluster with a tach in it and put it in my 2003 lx. When it was turned on the tach didnt register and the milage and trip indicator never came on either the idiot lights came on and door open indicator and all that but no odometer or trip came on..I put the old one back in and everything worked as it did. Any thing i didnt do that needs to make it work correctly

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
uh.........hmm. did you pull it from a fairly damaged foci? I could see it being broken, having its brains all shaken up in an accident..... I would say try one thing, and that's hook up the new IC, but disconnect the battery first (crap.....just a helpful hint from someone, if that's ok...negative first, then positive? dunno why I forgot :p) anyway, do that, then press on your brake pedal till you lose any other power in the car...... or just leave it there for a couple hours or so. (probably not that long....) and hook up the IC, then reconnect the battery..... hopefully then it'll recognize the new tach when the car goes through its relearn process...... OH, and let it sit with the car on for a couple minutes......relearn process :)

·
Jetsetter
6,664 Posts
uh.........hmm. did you pull it from a fairly damaged foci? I could see it being broken, having its brains all shaken up in an accident..... I would say try one thing, and that's hook up the new IC, but disconnect the battery first (crap.....just a helpful hint from someone, if that's ok...negative first, then positive? dunno why I forgot :p) anyway, do that, then press on your brake pedal till you lose any other power in the car...... or just leave it there for a couple hours or so. (probably not that long....) and hook up the IC, then reconnect the battery..... hopefully then it'll recognize the new tach when the car goes through its relearn process...... OH, and let it sit with the car on for a couple minutes......relearn process :)
yeah give that a try, you only need to disconnect the negative side of the battery, and only for about 15-20 min

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i just finished puttin new wires/plus and coil pack on it so kinda burt out but i can say dont buy the bosch double pronge plugs they were all black and crappy looking after only 300 miles so went back to fact orig and new wires etc. smoothed right out.not fun job had to pull battery and clean up spill from that mess etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to renew an old topic but I do not know how to find the part number on the old cluster. I see numerous part numbers on the cluster once I removed it, is it the one right below the plug on the back of the cluster assembly? Does 98AP 10A855 AB sound right? Thanks in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts