Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tach Q

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  phocusphreak 
#1 ·
I want to swap out my cluster w/o tach to one with a tach. Which ones will fit the SPI? I have an 01'.

#3 ·
I know theres a pin number difference between the duratec and zetec clusters (or at least the 05+?). Im pretty sure the spi/zetec clusters are interchangable

#4 ·
I swapped mine, and from what I found out by reading, clusters with a Tach on any foci from 2000-2004 should fit without any problems. THough I think the SVT ones dont fit.
BTW it is very easy to swap! 10 min max!

#5 ·
Buickboy is right. The clusters are interchangeable between the SPI and Zetec, except for the SVT cluster as louisgab mentioned. The Duratec's also use a different connector. I swapped out my cluster a few months ago for the KONA cluster. The KONA's are a safe bet because all of them are Zetec. I also prefer how they look over the standard cluster.

#9 ·
yes plug and play, the only downside to this is that the cars mileage stays with the cluster, so if you want to do this you should find a cluster close to your current mileage, or less lol

and most dealerships wont program it for you, unless you buy it from them

#24 ·
im about to purchase a 2k cluster hopefully this'll work in my 01 SPI. And i'm sure getting it calibrated will fix the issues with +/- MPH difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.