Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my Dad has a 2002 ZTS and the lights behind the tach and the tach itself do not work, is this just a blown fuse? If so which one is the culprit?
Thanks in advance!
-Jutty

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well, I dont know off the top of my head what fuse controls those lights. Is it all of the lights behind the cluster, or just the one behind the tach? It could be a blown bulb (I believe they still use incandescents behind the cluster). To rule out the fuses, take your owners manual, and find the part where it diagrams the whole interior fuse box. From there, check any fuse whose description mentions the cluster, or interior lamps. A blown fuse is easy to spot trust me. The filament in the middle is noticably seperated, and the black charring is a dead give away. Good luck.

Nick

·
Registered
602 Posts
Cluster lights is from the same fuse, so the bulb is most likely gone (same type as the parking lights only 3w, if you renove the cluster replace all 3? I think) Have replaced mine 3 times, in 185k miles. The tach itself im not sure about...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dash is easy to take apart take it apart and check it out its really not hard to open it up. I had the same problem my bulb was done tho idk if urs is the same but it doesnt take too long to open it up if u want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts