Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my last thread died on here, long story short. i bought a led shift light. tried the pin 48, and it doesnt work for the svt model. read a thread that their is a signal in the harness behind the gauge cluster,but cant find anymore info. trying to avoid paying 70 bucks for a tach driver to feed a 40 dollar shift light. so my question is, is their absolutley no signal i can grab (ford techs help) and if not, does anyone else sell a tach driver other than ford?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry I am not a ford tech but, there is absolutely nothing you can do. The signal everywhere else is digital. Sorry

I didnt want to spend the moeny either but I did and it was worth it, my tach is dead on accurate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2003 SVTF and just installed a Digital Pro Shift System from Autometer.
Which is a digital rpm and led shift light.
I first had is hooked up to my negative coil wire and ran it at 1 ppr but was getting a jumpy
tach signal. So I tried hooking it up to pin 48 on the ECU and it works great.
All you need to do is set the shift light to 2 ppr.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tachometer Signal Wire Installation for 2.0 engine(s)

Locate green wire with a blue stripe at ignition coil pack. Cut in half and wire the adapter between two cut halves, inline. The adapter has its own tachometer output. <<If you have bought a tach adapter....

**If your tachometer is capable of single pulse operation (most autometer shift light tachometers), then you may use the black with green at your coil pack and do not have to use a tach driver.

My tach was able to work off single pulse so i wired it to black and green @ coil pack. Allready ran my blue wire from my tach out there thinking i was gonna have to use a driver and wire into my sensor, but i found i could use the coil pack. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i bought the ford racing tach driver and install it on the cps it is located under the coil pack on the tranny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts