Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! This is my first post. I have a 2003 Ford Focus SVT, that I have been trying to get back on the road. I was changing out the timing belt and ran into issues with the timing. From what I have read, I am not the only one. During the process of trying to get everything back in time, I stripped the T55 Bolt on the exhaust cam shaft sprocket. I have been trying to find a replacement. I haven't had much luck, but I might also be looking in the wrong places. Does anyone know where I can find one?

·
Registered
16,195 Posts
Junkyard and look at regular zetec not SVT, you can pick from two on each motor that way, the SVT only uses the exhaust cam one.

And look close at your tool tip for the bolt head. Lower quality ones are soft enough and the tip is rounded enough to then not insert fully and the tool then strips bolt easily. Use a higher quality harder tip and grind the tip flat if needed to get maximum depth engagement, and then make sure it gets used at an absolute right angle. If you so much as tilt the tip out of perfect perpendicular you WILL strip the bolt again, the hole is too shallow. .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts