Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few questions regarding this turbo.

1. Where is the cheapest place to find this turbo?
2. Will it be able to reach my power goal? (in the area of 300hp/300tq)
3. What specs should I choose for this turbo from these choices? http://www.agpturbo.com/product.php?productid=16143&cat=0&page=1
4. Who should I be able to hang with with these power levels?

I appreciate any help as I am a turbo knownothing

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
1. i think ray at mcnews is a turbonetics dealer that can get you one.

2. yes

Bearing Housing: Dry is fine, wet is for cooling lines.

Compressor Trim: Super 60

Turbine Wheel: im not sure about this one. just ask ray and tell him what you want.

Turbine Housing A/R: .48 will get you 300whp and spool super fast, .63 will flow better and spool slower.

Ball Bearing Option: get ball bearing.

4. not much. my low boost is 290whp and there isnt much that match it unless you have 15" street tires and are going from a stop. certain vettes will beat you from a roll, but they will know you are there... this is other stock cars of coarse

·
Registered
891 Posts
at 260ish, my friend was beating 6.0 GTOs and C5 vetts. 300+ will go after the better things.

the T3 Super 60 is what comes on the Massive turbo kit. they say you can get 300 easy from it. Give Karl or Steve a call and they can tell more about the kit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the massive kit seems nice but Tom doesn't like the SPA manifold and I trust his opinion and experience over anyone else's.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I think the T3 super 60 is a fine turbo, its very comparable to my GT28Rs and theres tons of cars you can just go out and beat on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts