Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new, so I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm in the process of replacing the battery on my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Hatchback myself, and the two T-bolt screws that held the battery in place are missing (I think a family member accidentally threw them away...😒)

Upon looking online, it looks like Ford makes you buy the entire terminal cable to get the screws but won't let you buy them individually, which is pretty messed up. But then I saw some people in this discussion were able to use T-bolts made for other cars but fit perfectly. These were for slightly different Fords than mine so I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there's something for my case specifically. If there's a way to avoid paying $60 for the whole cable I will do it! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

You should be able to find equivalent at your local auto parts stores.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You should be able to find equivalent at your local auto parts stores.

Good luck
Paul
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your suggestion! I had looked at this - I got discouraged when I did input my vehicle information and it said it didn’t fit for my car. But I know Amazon algorithms can be false sometimes too and it does look like what I need. You think it would for sure fit with a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Like I said they sell this - or equivalent - at most local auto parts stores. Get them there. They should fit fine.

Paul

·
Registered
16,336 Posts
You would be far better off using old school conventional battery terminals replaced in their entirety. Those T-bolts are one of the most useless parts Ford has ever designed, they tend to not tighten enough and even worse if the terminal has ever been cleaned to slightly remove some material. They tighten up just fine and then you can easily twist the terminal as it is still loose and leads to a whopping number of electrical issues of all types.

Garbage in my book, one of the first things I do on a Focus is to get rid of that clamp mechanism. It is a crap design and the engineer who came up with it needed firing for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ariannajojo
Have you tried your local salvage yards yet?
Finding the T-bolts should simple enough to find in a bone yard &
while there, you might find other parts you can use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts