Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the throttle body is on its way here!
What sort of things will i be noticing when i put this on?
I hear stiffer gass pedal? something about hi-er revs?
some things i should look out for when installing will be great
just looking forward to a bit more kick future mods like catback exhaust cams mounts
help a brother out
thanx

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
just member to use gasket seal to ensure there is no vacuum leaks, screw the tps in the correct sport, test the spring and idle screw before install

·
Registered
380 Posts
you may not notice much at all really, unless you have some other mods. get an intake and a larger mass air flow sensor, and you will notice something......

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Cro....there will be quite the difference in the reaction at the pedal..H.P. gaines are approx........1 H.P....I enjoy the pedal feel....Do not listsen to the axeman..Although with other mods the T.B. will hang with them as a all around improvment..It`s a good starter mod...AS for install do the intake matching just for flow sake..Yes the pedal is a bit stiffer but in time you wont evem notice the diff...

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
what they said, and when u go to put in ur screws, make sure they go in straight. the intake manifold is plastic so it will be very easy to cross thread. the t/b gives u great feeling in the gas pedal. feels like u have more to push. and when u go to put in ur throttle positioning sensor, make sure to put it in the right location. all in all the t/b is an awesome mod and with an intake, only makes it better.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Axman said:
you may not notice much at all really, unless you have some other mods. get an intake and a larger mass air flow sensor, and you will notice something......
Are you talking about the 70mm large mass air flow sensor? I thought it's been said not to add that to your car unless you have some serious internal work done on the motor, or if you have a sc or tc kit?

Am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Odu...M.A.F. and throttle body are a little bit different...although they do work in the same area. For most street apps..65 mm is the deal for more advanced get the larger one.......LOTS more mods before 70mm...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx to all pretty soon shell be in
i have a K&N drop in filter does the job
im tryin to go sleeper with the setup i doin so im tryin to keep the noice down
thanx again to all!

-danny

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Appreciate the clarification on that liquid.

crobro : I drive an ATX, and noticed an enormous difference in take-off when applying pressure to the gas pedal. There is also a little difference in stiffness of the pedal itself. At times I wonder whether or not my guages are expressing the correct information. It get's to 70 pretty quick coming off the off-ramp.....now, I'm more concerned on smoothing out the shifts. Of course, you may not feel the amount of change as I did, without alot of the mods I have added.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
380 Posts
wel w/ the 70mm maf and tb and intake i noticed a bigger diff, the MAF helps a bit, cause the stock one is restrictive like the stock TB...

·
Registered
21 Posts
focus sleeper? hummm, the only way you could get good enough gains would be turbo or sc and those arent quiet. If you make a sleeper then make sure it can smoke the body kit honda sitting next to you with a intake and exhaust. Whats the point of having a sleeper when you would get smoked on every corner?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Be aware how the TPS comes off so you know how to put it back on.
I can't tell you how many people have screwed up their TB install by putting the TPS on incorrectly.

Just go slow, be patient and pay attention how things come apart so you know how they go back together.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what are the chances of the check engine light comin on after i install the the tb.
i remove the negative battery cable while installing now once everything is done and i connect the battery cable back and turn car on and do everything run it and go at w.o.t. will the computer recognize the changes and that so the light dont come on??

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
drive the car around and WOT, normal driving, and highway driving and it will learn it all after some driving. the tb is great, my favorite mod. and yes it will yield more gains with a better intake mani and maf and intake. but the throttle respone is better without anything else.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts