Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I signed up for sync my ride and the site tells me there is a problem with my VIN. I'm going to guess this is due to the car not being built yet? Anyone try the same thing before their car was built?

By the way, suggestion to ford - team up with pimp my ride and offer crazy customizations to the public through another cooler, hipper website.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I didn't try before mine was built. It worked after it was built but before taking delivery, though.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually think I found an answer back in the VIN sticky. Apparently if you want a jump on when ETIS will post your details, after you get your window sticker and the build date comes, if you have already signed up for syncmyride the VIN error will change to the version of the software now on your newly built car.

After that happens, ETIS could populate as early as the next day.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I actually think I found an answer back in the VIN sticky. Apparently if you want a jump on when ETIS will post your details, after you get your window sticker and the build date comes, if you have already signed up for syncmyride the VIN error will change to the version of the software now on your newly built car.

After that happens, ETIS could populate as early as the next day.
My VIN error switched one day after my build date. It populated all my Sync version information. This was a couple of days before ETIS populated. Keep faith. You'll get there.

·
Registered
492 Posts
mine started being built today...and the sync/mft firmware info showed up today.

here's what is installed in mine:

Sync Version Gen2 - V2.11
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14F496-AS
BT4T-14F497-AP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts