Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do a Sync upgrade the other night, and I guess it takes like 20 minutes to do. After the first "Installation Complete" you're supposed to wait for another 5-10 minutes for a confirmation of "Restarting Sync."

Has anyone done this??? I tried, and never really got to the "Restarting Sync" prompt....

I'm trying to activate Sirius on my car, but when I went to sign up, it says that "they cannot verify that my car has Sync installed" (which it does--it works, I just can't use Sirius radio).

Has anyone else run into this problem? Can I drive the vehicle while Sync is updating??? (I know you can't use the radio, but can I at least drive it around while it's updating so I'm not sitting idling in one place)?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you have the Touch?

I don't think there are any updates for the non-Touch system, which reminds me of a rant...

Am I the only one that finds SyncMyRide.com to be the most worthless piece of crap site? Finding any information and navigating it is pretty futile. It seems every page has buttons that load the same page. It's complete garbage. Reminds me very heavily of Microsoft's own maze of a website. Pretty confident they wrote all of it.

Since there are no updates and no applications to use with it except Pandora (from what I can tell) over a year later, I can't help but feeling that the expandability feature of Sync will be vaporware.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My dealer just contacted me n wants to do the new update and possibly replace the apim
Ive no real problems w mft so im not sure what will happen if the apim is replaced.
Any opinions?

·
Registered
788 Posts
My dealer just contacted me n wants to do the new update and possibly replace the apim
Ive no real problems w mft so im not sure what will happen if the apim is replaced.
Any opinions?
I'm in the same boat, I'm worried the APIM replacement and system upgrade will totally boink my system. I've only had minor, but annoying issues with my MFT. I stopped in to my dealer on Friday to ask about parts and mentioned the MFT TSB to the service department. He knew about it and asked when I could bring the car in for the upgrade. I have an appointment for next Friday... [pray]

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Mft brightness

Is it just my car or do others have this too? I have the mft and as i bought the car in june and here in the north its not dark til well after 9pm ive not driven it much at nite

Tonite i noticed tht no matter what level u have the dash lights set at the mft on start up is at full brightness. It takes several minutes to dim down. Really annoying cuz by the time its dimmed down ur already on the road

Also overall the dash lights dont dim down enough. At min brightness they are still vry bright. Esp compared to other fords ive owned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts