Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since installing the latest sync update to my 2015 Focus, I now get a prompt on the myFord touch screen when I get a text message. It briefly displays an option to listen to the text and then quickly disappears. This would be a nice feature if it did not remove the text notification from my phone. Now I have to remember to respond later which is problematic. Does anyone know if this feature can be turn off and how?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section for the quickest answers on settings.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re-pair the phone but this time when it displays on the phone to give sync permission to access messages say no and mention do not ask again. This I found works for Android phones, specifically the Galaxy S3, S4 and S5 phones I've used with it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Re-pair the phone but this time when it displays on the phone to give sync permission to access messages say no and mention do not ask again. This I found works for Android phones, specifically the Galaxy S3, S4 and S5 phones I've used with it.
Does this mean that Sync will not then read the messages either (or notify me that they've arrived)?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Does this mean that Sync will not then read the messages either (or notify me that they've arrived)?
Yes, that's what it means, it won't check for messages, or down load them from the phone if you turn off the notifications.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How do you do sync updates? Just wondering if there was a way to update the software in my '14 SE's stock radio.

·
Registered
289 Posts
How do you do sync updates? Just wondering if there was a way to update the software in my '14 SE's stock radio.

Visit this website and create an account (if you already haven't done so). Once you input your VIN, it'll show you some various things but most importantly it will give you when Sync was last updated. (In the "Sync and How Tos" tab)

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/your-vehicle.html

That being said, there has not been an update published for the basic Sync system for as long as I've had my car -- version V3.1.1.C

·
Registered
319 Posts
Visit this website and create an account (if you already haven't done so). Once you input your VIN, it'll show you some various things but most importantly it will give you when Sync was last updated. (In the "Sync and How Tos" tab)

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/your-vehicle.html

That being said, there has not been an update published for the basic Sync system for as long as I've had my car -- version V3.1.1.C
The people with older versions of Sync are in the same boat. My dad has a 2010 Fusion with V1. My mom has a 2011 Escape with V2. V1 can't be upgraded to V2 and V2 can't be upgraded to V3. v1 on my dad's car requires you to say "play track" (you can't say "play song") and it won't allow text messaging unless your phone supports that outdated proprietary car text messaging protocol. V2 on the other hand, allows you to say "play song" and uses MAP for text messaging.

Hurts my brain just thinking about it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I registered, but my phone is not listed (a Nexus 5)

I don't know what to do with this radio. Ideally I'd put in an Alpine, but I don't really care for the aftermarket kits.

·
Registered
580 Posts
on an iphone it's a preference switch - in settings -> bluetooth, tap the (i) next to the SYNC device, there's an option called 'show notifications' (if you want SYNC to tell you about text messages) it wasn't on by default for me. but it doesn't mark them read on the phone even if i listen via SYNC, so that's good.

i told my wife that the SYNC system reads "happy smiley" and "sad smiley" so now when she texts me she throws in a bunch of stuff to test what it will say.

·
Registered
82 Posts

I don't know what to do with this radio. Ideally I'd put in an Alpine, but I don't really care for the aftermarket kits.
Just bite the bullet...I messed around with trying to make Sync and the stock HU work to my liking, I tried a Cleansweap to no avail, went with an AudioEngine LC7i. The sound from the stock is kinda....bleh. And Sync is hyper meh.

Get the ugly Metra kit Amazon.com : Metra 99-5827B Double/Single DIN Radio Installation Kit for 2012-Up Ford Focus : Vehicle Audio Car Mounts : Car Electronicswith burnt orange LED buttons and keep the sync screen. Or if you dont care that it sicks black Scoche offers a kit without buttons.Amazon.com: Scosche FD6200B Double DIN Dash Kit for Select 2012 and Up Ford Focus Vehicles: Automotive

Aftermarket HU quality and ease of use killed Sync in my car.

Im replacing my current Pioneer HU with the new AVH-4100 NEX, got the Android Auto life PLUS FLAC support! WIN!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Are you having issues connecting your phone, Heat1?

Rebecca

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are you having issues connecting your phone, Heat1?

Rebecca
I just wanted to see if there was a software update. I tried registering online but couldn't proceed because the Nexus 5 (the phone I have) wasn't listed, I use AT&T towers.

I just bought the car about a month ago. It is a 2012 Focus SE hatchback with the convenience package. At some point I want to connect my phone and I know it can be done, the former owner had connected his Nexus 5.

Here is a picture of the system:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Were you registering on Owner.Ford.com? It shouldn't ask you for the type of phone you have while registering. If you'd like, shoot me a private message with some more details and your VIN, and I'll see what's going on.

Rebecca

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Rebecca I shot your team a pm.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Not sure if you checked your inbox yet, but I responded. :) Thanks for the heads up!

Rebecca

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yep, I responded. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts