Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased my first Focus, a 2013 SE. I'm trying to update SYNC (currently at version 4.2.1F), but the owner site says I'm up to date and won't let me update, even though the site also notes I'm running 4.2.1F. Weird.

Anyway, I escalated my way through Ford tech supportand they acknowledged that the update is no longer showing for some VINs, that it was a bug and would eventually be fixed. They gave no time frame, though.

So, does anyone still have the zip file I need? I'll admit I'm impatient and annoyed with the way bluetooth behaves, so waiting for Ford to fix their backend doesn't necessarily appeal to me. I believe it would be called something like this:

Gen1v441buildEE309Fupdatefromv421FpackageRev2.zip

·
Registered
990 Posts
The latest update for gen 1 is 4.6 which is not released yet.

I am running "Gen1 - V4.1.2.F" from March 2013 which Ford says no available updates. 4.4 was put out sometime last year, but pulled as it broke things.

I sometimes believe that Ford has abandoned the gen 1 systems and left us a broken system.
You're up to date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, first post here!

Called in to ford today for my '11 focus SES, they advised what @mattjreilly is saying - they also said I could take it into the dealer, and they would install 4.4 or an earlier version (currently @ V3.2). My Zune doesn't get detected by Sync, my phone connects to bluetooth but does not play any audio (android 5.x moto E 2015). I did a master reset, etc.

Really needing an update!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone - First post here too. Am also looking to upgrade from Gen1-4.2.1F with the hopes that I some Bluetooth issues would be resolved. Back in December I went to the owner's site and it said that I was all up to date (I believe 4.4 had not yet been pulled). When I did an online chat with the Sync team, the rep indicated that I should be able to get a newer version and the she opened up a ticket because I didn't see the update. So my question for the community is when 4.6 is released, will it be rolled out to everyone?

A possibly confounding variable is that a purchased vehicle was previously owned by Hertz and I don't know if current or previous fleet vehicles are somehow flagged to not be updatable. As pure speculation, that might explain why I couldn't see the 4.4 update in December.

Love the forum BTW!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 2012 SE.
Trying to update from Gen1- v3.1.6.C to v4.4.
The update was available through Ford, downloaded and placed onto a USB successfully, but SYNC could not detect the files on the USB when I tried to update in the car.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's an interesting thread at https://m.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/4fhpx3/small_psa_46_is_out_for_gen_1_sync_systems/?utm_source=mweb_redirect

It seems that there are some issues with the installer. Personally I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before giving it a shot.
I attempted to use the file that was provided in this thread and it still failed to install in the car, guess I'll just have to keep an eye on things until someone comes out with a version that can be used!

Thanks for the helpful link![thumb]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Each update is vehicle specific. If you are having issues downloading/installing the 4.4 or 4.6 update, clear the history, cookies, and cache from the browser and re-download. I also recommend re-downloading on a different browser. Keep me in the loop!

Cara

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Cara! Any thoughts about the Reddit link above and how people are having to delete lines from install.lst to get the update to work? Will a fix from Ford be in the works?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks Cara! Any thoughts about the Reddit link above and how people are having to delete lines from install.lst to get the update to work? Will a fix from Ford be in the works?
Hi RatherBeSailing!

I can't speculate on that link since this isn't supported by Ford. If you're still having issues with the update, you can always send the VIN in a PM!

Cara

·
Registered
22 Posts
I attempted to use the file that was provided in this thread and it still failed to install in the car, guess I'll just have to keep an eye on things until someone comes out with a version that can be used!

Thanks for the helpful link![thumb]
I got my '12 to update from 3.x to 4.4 about a week ago with the help of the instructions in the Reddit post. I had to erase a couple lines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I updated to the latest update and now my tablet won't auto connect automatically any ideas? I have re paired multiple times.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I downloaded the zip again. I tried it over the weekend much to my aggravation. I found the reddit post. I actually had the code changed and decided to compare the new download to the old. This time it worked. I went from Gen.1 to 4.4.1. I knew it worked because I had to re-pair my BT and phonebook. My phone syncs quicker and iHeartAuto(Samsung Note4 Android 6.0.1) works. I had some issue with playback but I need to test it more. Text messages were received, read and responded. The clunky looking track listings on USB tracks and albums has changed. It's cleaner. I need to get a higher powered phone charger for the car. Has anyone tried Google Maps? Does the Sync app finally work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I updated to 3.8, is 4.4 available now? my phone works fine, and it auto connects without a problem, the tablet is the one not connecting automatically.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts