Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran to the shop to get an estimate on Window Tint.
The only thing that worked was phone! No line in, radio or satellite radio.
Shut car off, restarted, and it worked fine.
Stopped again, bought breakfast, and SYNC would not start again.
I have not tried a third time yet.
Hopefully on my way to work it will work properly.

Bill[???:)]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine failed yesterday too but have no fear, you have a couple of solutions (short and long term).

1st is you need to pull the Sync fuse and leave it out for about 10 - 15 minutes (2nd row from the left, 3rd fuse down on my car). The long term solution is that you have to drop it off at the dealer for the day and have then update the software from 2.10 to 2.11.

Mine is going in to the shop this coming Tuesday for the update.

Joe

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Mine failed yesterday too but have no fear, you have a couple of solutions (short and long term).

1st is you need to pull the Sync fuse and leave it out for about 10 - 15 minutes (2nd row from the left, 3rd fuse down on my car). The long term solution is that you have to drop it off at the dealer for the day and have then update the software from 2.10 to 2.11.

Mine is going in to the shop this coming Tuesday for the update.

Joe
He doesn't have MyFord Touch. He's just talking about SYNC itself. SYNC and MFT are two different systems that work with each other. SYNC handles the phone pairing, voice commands, TDI, etc. while MFT is just a touchscreen infotainment interface.

·
Registered
201 Posts
He doesn't have MyFord Touch. He's just talking about SYNC itself. SYNC and MFT are two different systems that work with each other. SYNC handles the phone pairing, voice commands, TDI, etc. while MFT is just a touchscreen infotainment interface.
It would be nice if the system reset through the SYNC menus would actually reset the system. I'm finding I have to pull the fuse once a month :-\

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It would be nice if the system reset through the SYNC menus would actually reset the system. I'm finding I have to pull the fuse once a month :-\
Document and record your issues. Bring it to your dealership, and get your hardware replaced. SYNC doesn't have menus. It's all about bluetooth communication and voice commands.

The cluster LCD is part of the MyFord system, as well as the touchscreen. Without the touchscreen, it's just MyFord, instead of MyFord Touch, and the cluster display is the same.

Like I said, SYNC is separate from that altogether, and is just the voice recognition and bluetooth connectivity (including using your phone for Traffic, Directions, and Information on MFT)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Document and record your issues. Bring it to your dealership, and get your hardware replaced. SYNC doesn't have menus. It's all about bluetooth communication and voice commands.

The cluster LCD is part of the MyFord system, as well as the touchscreen. Without the touchscreen, it's just MyFord, instead of MyFord Touch, and the cluster display is the same.

Like I said, SYNC is separate from that altogether, and is just the voice recognition and bluetooth connectivity (including using your phone for Traffic, Directions, and Information on MFT)
Um, yes, SYNC has menus on the traditional MyFord LCD display. Hit the Menu button. Hit the up/down buttons. While the main emphasis IS on using voice commands, you can always use the hard keys. I know, I've had SYNC tell me that my iPod doesn't support voice commands because it corrupted its profile of the device. I could still use it fully by using the directional pad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts