Focus Fanatics Forum banner

501 - 513 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have a chance to look at my VIN number i sent in private message?
To see what you could figure out about the SYNC map version I can use. Hoping I will be able to use 7A

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sync 3 issues

2016 Sync 3 1.0 version 15139 2016 Focus Titanium. Crapping the bed.

In the last week, 4 times the rear camera has stayed on when moving into drive. Camera lens is clean. Moving the shift lever to park does nothing - have to turn the car off and back on, and the screen refresh at that time is quite slow.

Pressing the touch screen buttons has a delay of several seconds plus before anything happens. Screen freezes and unresponsiveness has become common - again all in the last week or so.

Did a master reset, not much better. Bluetooth just plain sucks, regular cutting out and back in.

Fortunately I am going in tomorrow morning for oil change/tire rotation. Maybe they can do a reflash or something with it.

Can't understand the delay in updates to this system. Hell, at least MFT had fairly regular updates.

Haven't seen anything on here regarding issues but have seen a number over at the escape and f150 threads, regardless, I'll keep folks posted in case they have some issues starting up as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

In the last week, 4 times the rear camera has stayed on when moving into drive. Camera lens is clean. Moving the shift lever to park does nothing - have to turn the car off and back on, and the screen refresh at that time is quite slow.

Pressing the touch screen buttons has a delay of several seconds plus before anything happens. Screen freezes and unresponsiveness has become common - again all in the last week or so.

Did a master reset, not much better. Bluetooth just plain sucks, regular cutting out and back in.

Fortunately I am going in tomorrow morning for oil change/tire rotation. Maybe they can do a reflash or something with it.

Can't understand the delay in updates to this system. Hell, at least MFT had fairly regular updates.

Haven't seen anything on here regarding issues but have seen a number over at the escape and f150 threads, regardless, I'll keep folks posted in case they have some issues starting up as well.
The only issue I've had is the system periodically rebooting. It does show an error code when I read the DTC that says power interruption or something like that.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Hey vluc,

Have you tried a module reset? You can do so by: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

Cara

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey vluc,

Have you tried a module reset? You can do so by: Select radio > Hold the power button (center of the volume knob) + the right-seek button at the same time for up to 5 seconds.

Cara
I did both the module reset and a master reset after the module one didn't do anything. Techs took a look, could not get it to repeat this morning but did a master reset anyway, told me if/when it happens again to bring it in and they would look at it. I trust the dealership, did right by me when my '12 Focus lost its transmission at 50K, got a new one installed in less than a week. And when the PCM crapped the bed, and when a few other relatively minor things cropped up.

Ended up late for work, on the way, bluetooth disappears, gps disappears, hammering the touchscreen did nothing. Got to work, did another master reset, sitting in parking lot all is well. We'll see what the deal is on the way home.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I did both the module reset and a master reset after the module one didn't do anything. Techs took a look, could not get it to repeat this morning but did a master reset anyway, told me if/when it happens again to bring it in and they would look at it. I trust the dealership, did right by me when my '12 Focus lost its transmission at 50K, got a new one installed in less than a week. And when the PCM crapped the bed, and when a few other relatively minor things cropped up.

Ended up late for work, on the way, bluetooth disappears, gps disappears, hammering the touchscreen did nothing. Got to work, did another master reset, sitting in parking lot all is well. We'll see what the deal is on the way home.
Ah okay. If the resets didn't resolve the issue, I would definitely have the dealer take a more hands on approach to the system. Keep me posted!

Cara

·
Registered
2 Posts
The SYNC in my 2012 Focus is a GEN1 running V3.1.1.C and I want to upgrade to v4.4 or v4.6.
Cannot download the files from the Ford site because it says that my SYNC is current.
Does anyone have a link to the v4.4 update files that I can put on a usb?
Thanx.

·
Registered
145 Posts
APIM had to be replaced at 10K miles. Luckily, when they reprogrammed it, I got the Sync 3 Version 2.0.

Don't know if it is getting pushed out or not, but there is one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In case anyone is following SYNC3 versions, over on Mustang Forum they have release SYNC 3 v3.0

I loaded it on my 17 Explorer Sport its got some nice GUI updates

·
Registered
41 Posts
After long searching, I managed to gather all the components I need for upgrading to Sync I my stock base radio on FF MK3 :
-display E1BT-18B955-DA
-radio-cd BM5T-18C815-GN
-bluetooth BM5T-14D212-DC
I made the cable according to the schematic.
I'm ready now to put it in the car ... but I need some answers before that :
-is the schematic used OK ?
-the hole for display cooling "system" is 10 mm diameter ?
-what are the steps to write the new parameters with Focccus ?
-should I watch out for anything special ?
Any other advice is welcome !
Thanks ! Regards !

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm having trouble updating my SYNC since the link to my update file is broken on owner.ford, I'm looking for the update of SYNC v4.6 :DE8T-14D544-AG. Anyone else is having this issue or has someone found a way to get this file?

501 - 513 of 513 Posts