Focus Fanatics Forum banner

401 - 420 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rebuilt the collection onto the 64GB drive and as expected, too many files for track voice commands.

I have a 32GB drive and loaded about 28GB of music onto it, more or less what I would usually listen to and it works great. I didn't mess with the tag data at all, which makes me think it's a straight file count limitation.

64GB drive - 6,453 files
32GB drive - 2,965 files
The Sync lady is happy now![8D]

1 other thing that seems odd -
There's no way to select different sources from the steering wheel controls. The manual shows a different setup with a media button. Mine has OK in the middle with arrows around it. Am I missing something, or did they just leave it out?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Rebuilt the collection onto the 64GB drive and as expected, too many files for track voice commands.

I have a 32GB drive and loaded about 28GB of music onto it, more or less what I would usually listen to and it works great. I didn't mess with the tag data at all, which makes me think it's a straight file count limitation.

64GB drive - 6,453 files
32GB drive - 2,965 files
The Sync lady is happy now![8D]

1 other thing that seems odd -
There's no way to select different sources from the steering wheel controls. The manual shows a different setup with a media button. Mine has OK in the middle with arrows around it. Am I missing something, or did they just leave it out?
Whenever I want to browse the media stuff I have to hit the MENU button on the center console I think it is, next to the music symbol button, and then I use the steering wheel arrows.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im starting to become fed up with sync. So I have tried resetting my iPod and iPhone numerous times, voice commands still are not available on either device. So I put a couple albums on a flash drive and put it in, plays fine but again voice commands just do not work, I dont understand it. It all used to work fine for the first month I had the car. Another issue is that whenever I say "call home" or someone else, sync will say "say 1 for work, say 2 for cell, say 3 for mobile" so Ill say 3 and it doesnt even call the right person. Also used to work fine, its rather frustrating because everything else about the car is great but this stupid radio. And scrolling through my music is no help because that takes way too long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
does anyone else have people tell you there is a ton of background noise when talking on the phone on sync? windows up, fan on low, lots of noise at highway speeds. this doesnt happen in the Escape.
When I got my Focus in July, phone calls with Sync and my Windows Mobile phone were great. Nobody knew I was in a car. Since switching to an Android phone a couple weeks ago, several people have complained that they hear a lot of noise in the background.

Where are the microphones for Sync and why would this change with nothing more than a change in phones?

Chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
When I got my Focus in July, phone calls with Sync and my Windows Mobile phone were great. Nobody knew I was in a car. Since switching to an Android phone a couple weeks ago, several people have complained that they hear a lot of noise in the background.

Where are the microphones for Sync and why would this change with nothing more than a change in phones?

Chris
SYNC=Microsoft
Windows Phone=Microsoft
Android NOT Microsoft
see a pattern?
Oh and BTW the mic is in on the console for the sunroof on the headliner, looks like horizontal slits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
has anyone had this problem..everytime the temp outside dips below -10c my sync stops working on both of my 2012 focus's...the ford engineers are stumped by this problem..I have had the (apin module) replaced on both vehicles and tomorrow ford is going to start troubleshooting the issue...

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Search Command

Has anybody gotten the search command to do anything useful? It's in the list of commands from help and uses the same parameters as the play command.

I'm using a 32GB USB thumb drive and have track level voice commands working fine.

If I say "Search Artist Cream"

The Sync Lady says "Searching artist Cream"

Cream comes up on the display for about 3 seconds and it goes back to playing whatever happened to be playing.[???:)]

If I say "Refine" the Sync Lady tells me I have to do a search first, even if I catch it with "Cream" still on the display.

I've "searched" here and via Google and not found any info. In fact, Ford doesn't list Search in their command list on line. The manual is no help. I called Sync support and they told me that you need to do a command like "Play" after the search.

So it looks like it's a wasted command.[smackbum]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found out some more about the refine command - it needs parameters as well. If I catch it in the 3 seconds that the search parameter is on the display it will accept it. It won't refine with the same parameter as the search (artist, album, etc.).

So....

Search artist Cream

While Cream is on the display hit the button again

Refine album Disraeli Gears

Sync lady repeats it, Disraeli Gears comes up on the display - 3 seconds later back to whatever is playing.

It looks like Search and Refine are both useless commands.[nutkick]

Some "interesting" design choices here. We don't get any radio voice commands, but have some that are utterly useless built in.[scratch]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have any thumb drive recommendations? Or drives to avoid?

I bought this one thanks to its ridiculously good test scores with smaller file read/write (smaller meaning < 15 MB). Hoping it works.

I figure as long as it's formatted in FAT32 I should be in the clear. Note: SYNC doesn't play nice with NTFS.
I use a Sandisc Cruzer 8GB thumb-drive. Works great

I have noticed that if I want playlists to work I have to manually copy my music folder over and not use MS MediaPlayer to sync it. Otherwise it will always say no valid tracks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
can you install the sony audio deck system in a base model focus se 2013?? i want to buy the sony deck on ebay and swap it out but i just want to make sure it is compatible with my focus

·
Registered
1 Posts
swap sync for standard radio

Hello all,
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I'm interested in replacing my standard radio in my '12 se with the sync version. I talked to a ford parts guy and got some parts numbers but he couldn't tell me if it would work for sure or not. Here are the parts numbers:
CM5T18K811LA
CP9Z14D202A
DB5Z14D212AA
CM5Z18C869HA
CM5T-18B955-GA, GB and GC or CM5T-18B955-GA thru GF

I'm planning on buying these parts secondhand and bringing them to ford to have them installed. I just don't want to buy them all and find out it isn't possible to do this.
Lil' help???

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello Focus Fanatics!

Really new to SYNC and all, hoping maybe someone can help me with a question I have.

I use Bluetooth audio to play music off Spotify via my GS4. I've noticed that in order to do so, you always have to go to sync settings and select "Bluetooth media" in order to play, everytime you start the car. Is there always for it to go to that mode automatically instead of "line in"? Kinda of annoying having to go into settings every time. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hi Armenian22,

SYNC is no longer setup to default to Bluetooth Audio, but instead of going into the settings, you can just use the voice command: Bluetooth Audio. :)

Rebecca

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You're very welcome; glad I could help! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rebecca

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi Armenian22,

SYNC is no longer setup to default to Bluetooth Audio, but instead of going into the settings, you can just use the voice command: Bluetooth Audio. :)

Rebecca
Broke my heart when my car stopped defaulting to bluetooth once I updated Sync versions. So much so that noe I just plug my phone in via USB... this way I get Song/Artist info in my dash display AND my car will default to it. No more Blue tooth for me... I feel the audio quality is better when its hard wired anyway.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Broke my heart when my car stopped defaulting to bluetooth once I updated Sync versions. So much so that noe I just plug my phone in via USB... this way I get Song/Artist info in my dash display AND my car will default to it. No more Blue tooth for me... I feel the audio quality is better when its hard wired anyway.
:( I know it did, ThaKillerKlown; I'm glad you found a different way to listen to your music though. [woot]

Rebecca

·
Registered
520 Posts
MFT and Sync have been operating great ... up until today. It appears the Navigation is not getting a GPS signal. No matter where I go, the car thinks I am at my house. I have done two master resets, but that did not help. Does anyone have any ideas?

401 - 420 of 517 Posts