Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, something rather odd is going on with my Sync system in relation to reading text messages.

I have the MFT Sync system, and as you know, when connected with bluetooth to your phone it will alert you when a text is received and it will read it to you if you choose.

Whenever I get in my car and start it, and my phone pairs up, everything seems to be working fine. ONLY when I go on my phone, and open up text messaging, the car alerts me of a new text. The problem is, the text it keeps alerting me to as being new is from over 2 months ago. On top of that, the message has been deleted from my phone for over a month, and does not show up on my phone anymore just on the sync.

What in the world would cause that? Why is this ONE message having an issue and no others??? Its one of the oddest things, especially since the message no longer exists on the phone that is paired to the sync system.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
So, something rather odd is going on with my Sync system in relation to reading text messages.

I have the MFT Sync system, and as you know, when connected with bluetooth to your phone it will alert you when a text is received and it will read it to you if you choose.

Whenever I get in my car and start it, and my phone pairs up, everything seems to be working fine. ONLY when I go on my phone, and open up text messaging, the car alerts me of a new text. The problem is, the text it keeps alerting me to as being new is from over 2 months ago. On top of that, the message has been deleted from my phone for over a month, and does not show up on my phone anymore just on the sync.

What in the world would cause that? Why is this ONE message having an issue and no others??? Its one of the oddest things, especially since the message no longer exists on the phone that is paired to the sync system.
Here's a few things to try:

!. Delete phone from SYNC and SYNC from phone and repair.

2. Run the delayed reboot. If you don't have it, Google it and download it.

3. If you don't want to do the delayed reboot or can't find it. Disconnect the battery or remove the fuse(don't know which one) for ten minutes.

What version of MFT do you have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts