Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened. 6 weeks and 3,000 miles into my ownership of my Titanium the Sync screen went blank. Called the 800 number and found out that i was 2.10 and need the 2.11 update. Of course pulling the fuse for about 15 minutes brought it back but Tueday it gets dropped off at the dealer for the day, an oil change and an update. Did I also read somewhere that there is an update for the transmisson as well?

Joe

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That's not SYNC that's MyFord Touch. Two different systems that work together. Can we have a mod change the title of this thread and can you edit your post accordingly? We don't need people coming in here thinking we have major issues with SYNC now too. Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's not SYNC that's MyFord Touch. Two different systems that work together. Can we have a mod change the title of this thread and can you edit your post accordingly? We don't need people coming in here thinking we have major issues with SYNC now too. Thanks!
sync and mft all the same crap to me.[poke]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have version 2.11 and it's froze twice in the 8 days we've owned the car. Stays on after the vehicle shuts off and occupant leaves! After a few minutes it does a reboot and says "Microsoft Sync update"....??!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wish the dashboard was formatted differently so I could just get an aftermarket headunit. f#@k Microsoft

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I wish the dashboard was formatted differently so I could just get an aftermarket headunit. f#@k Microsoft
Microsoft wasn't responsible for any part of the design of the Focus, including the audio system.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
sync and mft all the same crap to me.[poke]
Well... have fun explaining the wrong problem to your dealership.

Glad that MS isn't responsible for any interior design features of our car and they just develop the SYNC program.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Microsoft wasn't responsible for any part of the design of the Focus, including the audio system.
you right my bad, I researched it and it is just run on the microsoft platform(which could explain why MTF always crashes lol) not developed by Microsoft. but still the layout of SYNC is retarded

·
Registered
781 Posts
actually Microsoft wrote Sync, and they wrote WinCE which both Sync and MFT run on. so Microsoft does get a share of the blame for issues. WinCE is prone to crashing out on its own, hence the black screens, the blue screens, and the "performing maintenance" which is just a cover screen for the reboot (and a piss poor deception). BSquare wrote MFT, but it is now Microsoft who is cleaning up the mess for Ford and will be releasing the next version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts