Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Sync Status Checker, besides the sync my ride website?

For some reason I can't download anything from the official sync website. I was told I have to take the car in for service before the website will let me download anything.

If anyone knows another way I can download the checker I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't bother. I couldn't get the tool to work. It would run on the car fine but the website could never pick up the resulting log file.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

·
Registered
788 Posts
I successfully downloaded the Status Checker onto a flash drive, the system in my car stated the download was complete, but I could not the syncmyride web site to acknowledge the download. I'm done trying anything until I get the upgrade at the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying. I guess I am going to have to try to find some time to go to the dealer.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same issue here. MAKING ME CRAZY! Brand new flash drive. Even tried formatting it to multiple format types, FAT, FAT32, etc. Can download to the drive successfully and it shows up on the drive, but take it to the car and it rejects it. I've even tried putting it all in one file folder, or taking it out of the folder, and still no diff!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't even get that far. When ever I click on "Update & Customize" I get the following:

It doesn't matter what browser I use I get the same error.

I received this email from a moderator at syncmyride website:

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to verify all available options prior to responding, and I confirmed that the solution would require a dealership visit. The service technician will need to do a full read on the SYNC module in your vehicle so that it can correctly communicate with the syncmyride website.

I would suggest bringing in your vehicle to your preferred Ford dealership at your earliest convenience (i.e. next maintenance visit), and inquire about the SYNC module scan. The service technician should be aware of the process, but if they have any questions, they can contact our SYNC Support hotline at 800-392-3673 (option 1 then 3) for additional info.

I have also included some notes in an internal Ford documenting system should the dealership/SYNC Support team need additional info regarding this concern. Please use the following case number for reference: 1518311741.

Let me know if any questions,

Mike | SYNC Community Moderator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts