Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again Foci Fanatics. I have another "can't figure how the heck to...." questions. For purposes of blutooth. Is there a way to change the name of the car to display on devices so it doesn't just say SYNC. I have multiple sync cars and so on my phone i have 2 sync connections and want to change to something identifiable.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It might depend on your device. Have you tried to rename it under its BT connections? What device do you have?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't know if you have an option to do what you want. I think it should be in the OS and I don'T think you have access to it. The reason you ask is because having two cars with Sync/MFT, both running and you being out of them, may get on your phone both "Sync" connections. Right ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good Question, I actually just changed after reading, in my BB Torch, so I guess some Phones and OS's allow you to change as you need

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have htc desire hd but can't change in it. Can't rename "sync" when I do a blutooth scan so now my phone has 2 different "sync" connections in it. One for one car and one for the new one with no way to identify which is which. I have always seemed to be able to change what name shows up when searching for a device similar to how you create an SSID for your wifi network.
Guess no go.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
On Bluetooth connections select the device (SYNC) hit menu or options, must have the otion to change name

1 - 6 of 6 Posts