Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just created my SYNC account... it says there's an update available and offered to download it so I can update it myself.

Has anyone else encountered this?

My software version is 4.23.11081. Am I behind?

Thanks!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm. Maybe that was the SYNC Status Checker Tool?? I'm confused.

This is what shows up in SYNC:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.10
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AN
BT4T-14D546-GA
BT4T-14F496-AR
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AN

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just created my SYNC account... it says there's an update available and offered to download it so I can update it myself.

Has anyone else encountered this?

My software version is 4.23.11081. Am I behind?

Thanks!
Where did you get that software version information?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sync"

On the SYNC website/page you can Login (Owners) & chat direct with someone @ SYNC..Have your VIN number ready..they will give you All the info you need..[wiggle]

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
FYI:

all sync software downloads will not be possible this saturday and sunday. ford is shutting it down for maintenance

·
Registered
573 Posts
Per my dealer, this is the latest (and includes the radio on whenever you start the car):

SYNC Version
Gen2 - V2.10
BT4T-14D546-AN
BT4T-14F496-AR
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AN
SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE
BT4T-14F603-AN

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hmm. Maybe that was the SYNC Status Checker Tool?? I'm confused.

This is what shows up in SYNC:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.10
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AN
BT4T-14D546-GA
BT4T-14F496-AR
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AN
I am in Georgia too - and that is exactly what I have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm confused. Has there been a recent update for sync 2012 Ford Focus that's confirmed yet? I keep reading that they're working with Nuance, etc to improve things but I was under the impression that was more for the touch system.

I would be pretty happy with a sync update right around now if it's been confirmed. Last I heard we wouldn't get one until the Fall.

Anybody know?

·
Registered
882 Posts
The thing is they're *never* going to get rid of all of the problems until they start designing the MFT system in a programming atmosphere that's not crap. Right now they're using Flash Lite, which is junk, and Microsoft isn't even designing it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If anyone that grabbed the update could upload it, that would be appreciated since the site will be down till tomorrow.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
http://www.syncmyride.com/own/application_offline.htm

Wow, Sys Admin fail. I seriously wonder "wtf" whenever I see one of these multi-day outage announcements. Nothing in IT should ever take your service down for that long. If you do, you fail. But I digress.
I seriously wonder "wow, wonder what the major change is?" but sometimes it isn't something the consumer gets to admire, like capacity upgrades.
Agreed. System outages should only occur in the middle of the night and be up and running by the morning.

Ford Announced to us employees that it will be down until monday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts