Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a complete list of all the commands the system understands sorted by function (Media / Climate / Nav / Sirius / Other)

Is there one already available? If not, is there an easy way for all of us to collaborate on one?

·
Registered
671 Posts
To learn which voice commands match what you want to do, you can ask SYNC in any of these ways:

Press voice command and ask, "What can I say?"
Touch Menu > Help > Voice command list on the 8-inch touchscreen and browse lists of commands for nearly everything.
Touch the button with a small gray grid that appears to the right of touchscreen messages from SYNC, to see a list of commands that go with what you just said. For example, if you say "SIRIUS" and press this button, SYNC will show you a list of voice commands for SIRIUS® Satellite Radio.2
idk that's about as much info as there is to it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood, but I would still find it useful if we had a paper cheat sheet, similar to the SIRIUS Channel guide I was given. A lot easier to lookup, and also share with passengers.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i think there should have been a list along with your manual...in a seperate sync booklet? i think my 09 came with some small sync booklet with commands...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I received this booklet, but it is a booklet requiring more reading and extracting of the information than I am interested in. It noly includes a small sample of the commands.

Maybe I am alone on this. If you received the SIRIUS channel guide, that's the type of document I am looking for.

·
Registered
671 Posts
again, that is as much info as you are going to find the easiest way to collaborate on one would be to check the command list via MFT. It will have a list of all commands available for each section on the screen.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
again, I understand that, but this does not fill my needs.

I can search sirius channels on the screen as well, but for some reason they provide you with a paper cheat sheet. The same thing with your cable company, you can search the guide for all the channels, but your cable company provides you with a list annually. In addition when you check into a hotel, they provide you with a channel guide.

I understand there is an electronic guide to reference, I would like a paper cheat sheet.

I appreciate your feedback, but this does not address my needs.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Does anyone know the command to tell it to show the home screen? I think a database of commands is a good idea. We could post it on Google Docs in a sort-able spreadsheet. I'll get a PM to the service rep here.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does anyone know the command to tell it to show the home screen? I think a database of commands is a good idea. We could post it on Google Docs in a sort-able spreadsheet. I'll get a PM to the service rep here.
they're just going to say the same thing the Sync site says. You can say Help on any screen for a list of commands or manually go through the list on the screen. There is no list I know of out there that you can use, I think it is also based on the fact that Sync "adapts to your voice" so maybe perhaps commands vary per user, I doubt that's the case but it is a possibility.

·
Banned
571 Posts
they're just going to say the same thing the Sync site says. You can say Help on any screen for a list of commands or manually go through the list on the screen. There is no list I know of out there that you can use, I think it is also based on the fact that Sync "adapts to your voice" so maybe perhaps commands vary per user, I doubt that's the case but it is a possibility.
You're probably right but I sent Natasha a PM. Guess we'll wait and see. They advertise Sync as understanding 10,000 commands so I think there may be a list somewhere.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You're probably right but I sent Natasha a PM. Guess we'll wait and see. They advertise Sync as understanding 10,000 commands so I think there may be a list somewhere.
best I found was this, supposedly the guy created this list by going through his manual, this list is from 2009 so things may obviously have changed since then.

and this

Hi all,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I see that some of you have questions about your SYNC with MyFord Touch systems. Here are a few websites that may help resolve those questions and even offer some user tips.

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/mylincolntouch/
http://media.ford.com/mini_sites/10031/MyFord/
http://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Cont.../Page/SyncPage

Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Seni
Supposedly you can say things like "I'm Cold" or "I'm Hungry" and it will turn on the heat or list restaurants near by(anyone try this to see if it's true?) lol

·
Banned
571 Posts
We should try out all the weird commands like "I have to pee". There's gotta be an Easter Egg or two in there somewhere [histerical]

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm sure the MyFord Touch team has bigger fish to fry, but a command to export the dictionary to a USB storage device in some human-readable format would be nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm sure the MyFord Touch team has bigger fish to fry, but a command to export the dictionary to a USB storage device in some human-readable format would be nice.
I'm sure they have to have some kind of documentation just for development. It wouldn't be too hard to dump that on a website.

I suppose we could setup a wiki and document all the commands on that.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Hmmm beer!

Got a message from Natasha suggesting I forward the request to the Ford Sync team which I've done. Will let you know if/when I hear anything.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts